How can Instrumentl help me?
You can think of Instrumentl as your automated grant assistant that saves you time and broadens your funding sources with a refreshingly intuitive online platform. Once you set up your projects, we do the legwork to match them with relevant grants.
All of the grants we match you with are active funding opportunities that you can apply for today. Since Instrumentl pulls from corporate, private, federal, and even state funding sources, you don't have to search anywhere else. Also, we bring in new funding opportunities daily so you always have the latest information at your fingertips.
Instrumentl also has a built in project management tool called the Grant Tracker that you can use to save your favorite grants, receive deadline reminders, track your progress, and even store notes & documents.
Who uses Instrumentl?
Nonprofits of all sizes and budgets as well as students, postdocs, and faculty use Instrumentl to turbo charge their grants process. Instrumentl is currently open in any field relating to the Environment, Agriculture, Ecology, Earth Sciences, Animal Welfare, Food, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse, Disabilities, Developmental Diseases, Mental Health, Youth & Child Services, Recreation, Senior Services, Housing & Homelessness, Human Services, Arts & Culture, History, and Disaster Preparedness & Relief.
If you’re unsure if your projects fit the mold, tell us about what you’re working on and we’ll get back to you asap.
What sets Instrumentl apart?
- Comprehensive — Instrumentl is the most comprehensive source of active grants for nonprofits and academics. We pull together corporate, private and government (federal & state) funding opportunities—we’re your one-stop-shop for grants.
- A focus on relevancy — We use 21st Century technology to instantly match your projects to the most relevant funding opportunities. Instrumentl vets the opportunities so you don’t have to.
- Active opportunities — Instrumentl isn't just a static list of funders that you have to weed through. We focus on active funding opportunities that you can apply for today.
- Instrumentl gets smarter — When you mark a grant with "Save" or "Not Interested", Instrumentl gets smarter and improves your recommendations over time.
- Simplified grant information — We simplify grant information (see example), by pulling all the important eligibility criteria information from a funder's website and consolidating it on one easy-to-read page.
- Project management — Instrumentl has an embedded project management tool we call the "Grant Tracker.” Your Grant Tracker allows you to save your favorite grants, receive deadline reminders, store notes & documents, and track funder responses to your proposals.
What kinds of grants do you have?
Instrumentl is the most comprehensive, up-to-date source of active grants for academics and nonprofits in any field relating to the Environment, Agriculture, Ecology, Earth Sciences, Animal Welfare, Food, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse, Disabilities, Developmental Diseases, Mental Health, Youth & Child Services, Recreation, Senior Services, Housing & Homelessness, Human Services, Arts & Culture, History, and Disaster Preparedness & Relief. We match our grant-seekers with over $1 billion in active grants from:
- Corporate funders
- Federal governments
- State governments
- Private foundations
- Clubs and societies
How much does it cost?
Instrumentl plans range from $45/month to $149/month (when billed annually). All plans start with a 14 day free trial.
Instrumentl also offers Institutional subscriptions so that a large organization can purchase a subscription and offer Instrumentl as a free service to their faculty, staff, and/or students.
Check out our pricing page for details.
Do you help nonprofits and academics outside of the US?
Nonprofits and academics outside of the US are welcome to sign up; however, please note that currently most of our funders are US-based.
Is my profile and project information private?
Yes. We use your profile and project information solely to match you with relevant grants.
Who is behind Instrumentl?
We’re a team of former nonprofit development staff, scientists, and software engineers. We built Instrumentl because we had trouble finding grants for our own projects and we knew there had to be a better way. We’re located in San Francisco, California.