Grants for Northeast Farmland Preservation
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 8, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Counties in Maine: Cumberland County, York County, Counties in New Hampshire: Belknap County, Carroll County, Cheshire County, Grafton County, Hillsborough County, Merrimack County, Rockingham County, Strafford County, Sullivan County, Counties in New York: Bronx County, Columbia County, Delaware County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Kings County, Nassau County, New York County, Orange County, Putnam County, Queens County, Richmond County, Rockland County, Suffolk County, Sullivan County, Ulster County, Westchester County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Berks County, Bucks County, Carbon County, Chester County, Delaware County, Lackawanna County, Lehigh County, Luzerne County, Monroe County, Montgomery County, Northampton County, Philadelphia County, Pike County, Schuylkill County, Susquehanna County, Wayne County, Counties in Vermont: Bennington County, Windham County, Windsor County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The 1772 Foundation has announced that grant funding will be made available for Northeast land trusts engaged in farmland protection. The purpose of this grant program is to support sustainable regional food systems through the protection of critical farmland in the New York and Boston foodsheds.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The 1772 Foundation has announced that funding will be made available for land trusts meeting the following criteria:
- Have a primary interest in farmland protection
- Protect farmland within a 100-mile radius of Boston or New York City (see map) or anywhere in the state of New Jersey
- Have adopted the Land Trust Alliance's Standards and Practices
- To be eligible to apply, organizations must have a 501c3 IRS designation.
- Applicants who have matching funds are most favorably considered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grants for Northeast Farmland Preservation by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.