1Fur1 Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $500 - US $7,500
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Foundation makes grants to 501(c) (3) public charities. Charities selected must engage in or support programs that are aligned with our mission and purposes as outlined in the Foundation’s Mission Statement:
- Service Dog Programs: These include programs related to service dogs, guide dogs, hearing dogs and medical alert dogs. Applicants for a service/assistance dog grant MUST be an accredited member of Assistance Dogs International.
- Animal Assisted Therapy Programs: These include programs related to animal-assisted therapies designed to promote improvement in human physical, social, emotional, or cognitive function. Animal-assisted therapy is provided in a variety of settings, and may be group-based or individual in nature. The process is documented and evaluated and the animal is an integral part of the treatment process. Programs applying for a therapy grant MUST require membership of their volunteer teams by the Pet Partners, Therapy Dogs International, Therapy Dogs Inc, PATH International, or another nationally recognized certification program.
- Animal Assisted Activity Programs: These include programs related to motivational, educational, or recreational animal-assisted activities. Animal-assisted activities are delivered in a variety of environments by specially trained professionals, paraprofessionals, or volunteers in association with animals that meet specific criteria. Animal-assisted activities are basically the casual “meet and greet” activities that involve animals and people. The same activity can be repeated with many people, unlike a therapy program that is tailored to a particular person or medical condition.
While we generally do not place a ceiling on grant amounts, most grants range between $500 and $7,500 and are dispersed in increments based on completion of program milestones. For example:
Program Grants $500 – $1,999 are to be executed within 6 months and funding may be distributed 1-3 times during the time of implementation.
Program Grants $2,000 – $4,999 are to be executed within 18 months and funding may be distributed 3-4 times during the time of implementation.
Program Grants $5,000 – $7,500 are to be executed within 24 months and funding may be distributed 4-5 times during the time of implementation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a 501(c) (3) public charities based in the United States
- The list below is our guide to each and every decision we make about programs and partnerships we join:
- Fund organizations which help strengthen the bond between animals and humans
- Unveil the positive bond gained through animal-assisted activities (AAA)
- Raise public consciousness about animal-assisted therapy (AAT)
- Support the training and placement of service animals for Americans with Disabilities
- Respond to emergency situations that impact humans and animals as they arise
- Reinforce our grantees’ efforts and amplify the impact of their program
- Must engage in or support service dog programs, animal assisted therapy programs, or animal assisted activity programs as outlined in the Mission Statement (see "Overview")
- Individual grant requests are not accepted.
- WE DO NOT fund any programs engaged in animal cruelty or testing.
- The Foundation will not make grants to for-profit businesses.
- Requests to fund the following are likely to be denied:
- Equipment of any kind; Computers, software, printers, office furniture etc.
- Marketing materials of any kind; brochures, videos, ads etc.
- Programs spending more than 35% of expenses on administrative costs
- Dinners, balls, or other fundraising events
- Political lobbying activities, or other political purposes
- Religious Groups (or groups with any religious affiliation)
- Local, state or federal governments
- Gifts to individuals
- Purposes outside of the 1 FUR 1 Foundation’s mission and goals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the 1Fur1 Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.