4SRanch~Del Sur Community Foundation (4SCF) Grant
The San Diego FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Dec 21, 2020 5:00pm PST
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: San Diego County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Mission & Purpose
The mission and purpose of The 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation is to improve the quality of life in 4S Ranch and Del Sur by meeting emerging needs through:
- Encouraging and increasing responsible and effective philanthropy,
- Building a community endowment,
- Providing funds annually to organizations and causes, and
- Giving the community a vehicle for legacy planning and cash gifts that will benefit 4S Ranch and Del Sur annually and in perpetuity.
The vision of the Foundation is to inspire a culture of giving that supports, strengthens and enriches the quality of life in the 4S Ranch~Del Sur community now and for generations to come.
As the 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation begins its 14th grant cycle we find our community significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. For many this impact has been devastating. From the loss of loved ones, the loss of livelihoods, the challenges in educating our youth, the disruption to how we simply shop or socialize, every aspect of life in our community has been touched. The stress created by the duration of the pandemic has brought an increase in physiological and psychological health issues as well. In light of the unique challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation invites nonprofits with programs that facilitate community COVID-19 recovery targeting the communities of 4S Ranch and Del Sur to submit an application for the 2021-2022 grant cycle.
For this grant cycle the foundation will accept proposals for high impact programs that address community COVID-19 recovery for families and individuals of all ages in 4S Ranch and Del Sur. Our recovery from this pandemic needs to be as unique as the pandemic itself. The examples given below are not intended to define the box but merely provide some ideas.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Employment related programs that create employment opportunities or assist in job training for workers impacted by COVID-19.
- Programs that address educational issues such as home schooling, catch up for students due to missed school, material support for distance/virtual learning, and after school activities targeting heath and wellbeing.
- Programs or projects that provide constructive activities for residents that target overall health and wellbeing.
- Programs that address the physiological and/or psychological impacts of COVID-19 and assist residents in dealing with them.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Grants must be administered by a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or an organization that is fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3), a school, or other government agency.
- If organization is using a fiscal sponsor, a cooperative relationship between the two must be clearly demonstrated
- Program must be distinct with measurable outcomes
- Project must benefit the residents in the 4S Ranch and Del Sur communities
- Project must be achievable within a 12-month time frame
- 4SCF does not make grants to supporting organizations or private, non-operating foundations.
- The 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation does not fund:
- Ongoing salaries and benefits
- Capital or annual campaigns
- Existing obligations/debt
- Projects that promote religious or political doctrine