AACR Basic Cancer Research Fellowship
American Association for Cancer Research
Grant amount: US $50,000
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhD
The AACR Basic Cancer Research Fellowships are open to postdoctoral and clinical research fellows working at an academic, medical, or research institution who have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency within the past three years at the start of the grant term. The research proposed for funding may be in any area of basic cancer research.
The mission of the American Association for Cancer Research is to prevent and cure cancer through research, education, communication, and collaboration. Through its programs and services, the AACR fosters research in cancer and related biomedical science; accelerates the dissemination of new research findings among scientists and others dedicated to the conquest of cancer; promotes science education and training; and advances the understanding of cancer etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment throughout the world.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research projects may be in any area of basic cancer research.
- Hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent.
- Have completed his or her most recent doctoral degree within the past three years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before July 2, 2014).
- Work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree (including PhD, MD, DO, DC, ND, DDS, DVM, ScD, DNS, PharmD, or equivalent doctoral degree).
- If eligibility is based on a
future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of
application, and can NOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Employees or subcontractors of a U.S. government entity or for-profit private industry are not eligible.
- Individual who currently holds an active AACR grant.
- Investigators currently or previously holding the rank of instructor, adjunct professor, assistant professor, research assistant professor, the equivalent or higher are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AACR Basic Cancer Research Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.