AAG Dissertation Research Grants
American Association of Geographers (AAG)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2020
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be on the last year of their PhDView website Save
About this funder:
- The Robert D. Hodgson Memorial Ph.D. Dissertation Fund, which honors an accomplished geographer who capped his long career with ten years of distinguished service as the geographer in the U.S. Department of State. As an internationally recognized expert on geographic aspects of the law of the sea and maritime boundaries, Dr. Hodgson believed that broader understanding of geographic principles would reduce international conflicts.
- The Paul Vouras Fund, established by a generous gift from Dr. Vouras, who taught at William Paterson College in Wayne, New Jersey, until 1990. The fund supports doctoral dissertation research in geography with preference to minority student applications.
- The Otis Paul Starkey Fund, honoring an officer of the American Society of Professional Geographers who also taught at the University of Indiana at Bloomington for years, established to support research devoted to regional study or significant problem areas in the United States or its possessions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- You do not have a doctorate at the time of the award
- You will have completed all Ph.D. requirements except the dissertation by the end of the semester or term following approval of your award.
- You will have all requirements except the dissertation completed in the spring or summer term immediately following the Dec. 31 application submission.
- The AAG provides support for doctoral dissertation research in the form of small grants to PhD candidates of any geographic specialty.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. You are eligible to apply if you have been an AAG member for at least one year at the time you submit your application.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AAG Dissertation Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.