Grants for Laboratory Animal Science: Standard Grant
American Association for Laboratory Animal ScienceSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2021 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Must travel to: TexasView website Save
About this funder:
The AALAS Grants for Laboratory Animal Science (GLAS) program, established in 2006, promotes the enhancement of scientific knowledge in laboratory animal science (LAS) through research. Examples of research interest are:
- environmental conditions
- housing and enrichment
- pain and distress
- health and welfare
- euthanasia; and
- advancements in animal care and use
are awarded for research proposals based on solid preliminary data. Review criteria for judging these proposals include:
- relevance to and consistency with respect to the GLAS mission
- impact on the laboratory animal science field
- validity of methodology and analysis
- clarity and completeness; and
- feasibility and capability to complete the project, i.e., collective investigator experience, equipment access, and budget
No more than $1,000 may be budgeted for travel to the AALAS National Meeting to present study results. In general, the GLAS program discourages salary support, so a request for salary support requires detailed justification. Although studies are expected to be completed in one year, grant renewals will be considered. Grant renewal submissions follow these same guidelines.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- There is no geographical restriction with regard to the investigators or the institution; international submissions will be considered.
- Current AALAS members are invited to apply to the GLAS program.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The principal investigator (PI) must be an AALAS member, but co-investigators are not required to be AALAS members.
- Highly innovative proposals are encouraged.
- Collaboration with the broader scientific community is encouraged.
- Please note the GLAS program does not fund indirect/overhead expenses
- Funding is not intended to support development of commercial products or services.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grants for Laboratory Animal Science: Standard Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.