AAPT Barbara Lotze Scholarships for Future Teachers
American Association of Physics TeachersSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: Crawford County, Pennsylvania Other eligible locations: United States
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The AAPT Board of Directors offers scholarships for future high school physics teachers. These scholarships, supported by an endowment funded by Barbara Lotze, are available only to U.S. citizens attending U.S. schools.
Undergraduate students enrolled, or planning to enroll, in physics teacher preparation curricula and high school seniors entering such programs are eligible. Successful applicants receive a stipend of up to $2,000 and a complimentary AAPT Student Membership for one year. The scholarship may be granted to an individual for each of four years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must declare their intent to prepare for, and engage in, a career in physics teaching at the high school level and must, at the time the scholarship funds are received by the student, be:
- An undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited two-year college, four-year college or a university; or a high school senior accepted for such enrollment.
- Pursuing, or planning to pursue, a course of study leading toward a career in physics teaching in the high schools.
- Showing promise of success in their studies, and
- A citizen of the United States of America.
- It is a stipulation of the grant that, all other considerations being
equal, an applicant from Allegheny College is to be given preference.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AAPT Barbara Lotze Scholarships for Future Teachers by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.