AAS Northeast Asia Council: Korean Studies Grants
Association for Asian Studies
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Korea, Republic of
Location of residency: North America
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
designed to assist the research of individual scholars based in North America to improve the quality of teaching about Korea on both the college and pre-college levels, and to integrate the study of Korea into the major academic disciplines.
- Awards of up to $1,500, including a maximum of $200 for daily expenses are available to scholars who are and are engaged in research on Korea and wish to use museum, library, or other archival materials located in the United States and Canada.
Short-term Research Travel Outside North America
- Awards of up to $5,000 are available to cover travel expenses on trips to Korea or other sites outside North America for projects explicitly related to Korean studies that can be accomplished in a relatively short period.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only airfare, ground transportation (train, airport shuttle, bus, subway, etc.), lodging, and meal expenses are eligible for reimbursement.
- Only economy airfare is allowed.
- Applicants must not have received funding in this category within the past three years.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants for categories on "Research Travel - North America" and "Short-term Research Travel Outside North America" must be current AAS members.
- Multiple applications for different categories will not be entertained.
- NEAC grant funds are intended for primary and/or initial dissertation research fieldwork.
- Passport/Visa application fees, insurance, book or equipment purchases, shipping expenses, gifts, research assistants, translation costs, photocopying expenses or supplies, and survey costs are not eligible for reimbursement.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AAS Northeast Asia Council: Korean Studies Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.