American Fellowships - Short-Term Research Publication Grant
American Association of University Women (AAUW)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $6,000
Deadline: Nov 1, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Gender restriction: Female
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The American Fellowships program has been in existence since 1888, making it the oldest noninstitutional source of graduate funding for women in the United States. The program provides fellowships for women pursuing full-time study to complete dissertations, conducting postdoctoral research full time, or preparing research for publication for eight consecutive weeks.
Short-Term Research Publication Grants provide support to scholars to prepare research manuscripts for publication and to independent researchers to prepare research for publication.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are for tenure-track, part-time, and temporary faculty, as well as new and established researchers at universities.
- American Fellowship candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- American Fellowships are open to women scholars in all fields of study.
- Short-Term Research Publication Grants applicants must hold a Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., M.F.A., J.D., M.D., D.M.D., D.V.M., D.S.W., or M.P.H. at the time of application.
- Time must be available for eight consecutive weeks of final manuscript preparation.
- While many recipients, especially full-time faculty members, will use the awards during the summer, recipients may use the funds at any time during the fellowship year.
- All applicants must demonstrate that the support will result in a reduction of their ongoing work-related activities.
- Activities undertaken during the grant period can include drafting, editing, or modifying manuscripts; replicating research components; responding to issues raised through critical review; and other initiatives to increase the likelihood of publication.
- The publication must be original and cannot be co-authored.
- AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process.
- American Short-Term Research Publication Grants funds are available for
- Living expenses
- Clerical and technical support
- Research assistance related to verification (not basic research)
- Office supplies, postage, copying, and related expenses
- Dependent child care
- Journal fees
- Preference will be given to applicants whose work supports the vision of AAUW:
- to break through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
- American Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- Scholars with strong publication records should seek funding elsewhere.
- The grants are not for preliminary research.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
- This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance learning programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance learning components.
- American Short-Term Research Publication Grants funds are not available for
- Purchase of equipment
- Indirect costs
- Institutional (overhead) costs
- Salary increase
- Doctoral dissertation research or writing
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the American Fellowships - Short-Term Research Publication Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.