Career Development Grants
American Association of University Women (AAUW)
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $12,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2018 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Career Development Grants provide funding to women who hold a bachelor’s degree and who, are preparing to advance or change careers or reenter the workforce.
Grants provide support for course work beyond a bachelor’s degree, including a master’s degree, second bachelor’s degree, certification program, or specialized training in technical or professional fields.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Must reside within the United States during the grant period
- Hold an earned (not honorary) bachelor’s degree
- Received their bachelor’s degree on or before June 30, 2011
- Do not hold an earned (not honorary) graduate or professional degree
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in courses/activities that are required for professional employment or advancement
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree program that is different from the field of study of the previously earned bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree program
- Certification program
- Technical school
- Professional degree (e.g., law or medicine)
- Distance or online learning programs will be funded only if they are conducted through an accredited institution appearing on the U.S. Department of Education’s list of approved online/distance learning programs.
- Course work must be taken at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a technical school that is fully licensed or accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Eligible costs:
- Educational expenses
- Living expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship
- Primary consideration is given to women of color and women pursuing their first advanced degree or credentials in nontraditional fields.
- Ineligible applicants:
- Previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants)
- Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors
- Grants are not available for:
- Prerequisite coursework
- Doctoral coursework or dissertations
- Purchase of equipment
- Indirect costs
- Research assistants
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayment of loans
- Publication costs
- Institutional (overhead) costs
- Tuition for dependent's education
- Prerequisite coursework
- Activities that will benefit, supplement, or aid academic institutions with which applicants are affiliated
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Career Development Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.