International Project Grants
American Association of University Women (AAUW)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $7,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Working Professional
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
When AAUW International Fellows pursue education in the United States, their commitment to empowering women and girls in their home countries does not end — and their need for funding does not either. To create lasting support for women and girls across the globe, AAUW gives grants to International Fellowship alumnae who have returned to their home countries to build on their academic work and implement community-based projects that will improve the lives of women and girls.
International Fellowships are intended to provide fellows with the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills that will directly benefit their home countries.
To support the continuation of fellows’ work after they return home, AAUW awards a limited number of International Project Grants to International Fellows who have successfully completed the course of study for which they received an AAUW International Fellowship.
The grants support community-based projects that benefit women and girls in the fellow’s home country.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for an International Project Grant, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have successfully completed an AAUW International Fellowship, all reporting requirements for the fellowship, and the academic program for which they received the fellowship by June 30, 2015.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country other than the United States.
- The project must be implemented in the applicant’s home country and have a direct, positive impact on women and girls.
- The applicant must be the primary director of the project and be responsible for the project, with control over programmatic, administrative, fiscal, and editorial decisions.
- AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process.
- International Project Grant funds are available for, but not limited to:
- Nominal professional fees/honoraria (Amount cannot exceed 1/5 of grant request.)
- Supplies related to project
- Temporary/hourly clerical help
- Office supplies
- Postage, mailing, shipping
- Photocopying, duplicating
- Lease of equipment or facilities
- Meals, food, beverages, or lodging for meetings, trainings, camps, or related activities
- Advertising, publicity, and graphic design
- Transportation (Amount cannot exceed 1/3 of grant request; $.50 per mile for auto expenses.)
- Applicants holding dual citizenship in the United States and another country are not eligible to apply
- Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards.
- International Project Grants are not available for the development of written work for academic credit or for research that will be used for a degree thesis or dissertation.
- Funds are not available for:
- Salaries or stipends for primary director, project directors, or permanent positions, or to reimburse employees
- Educational scholarships, grants, or other payments for students and participants
- Personal expenses (shelter, vehicle, insurance)
- Building funds, construction, or renovations
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or loans (in existence at time of grant award)
- Overhead or general operating expenses for any organization or nonprofit organization
- Creating or providing grants to other organizations
- Travel expenses (unless directly related to project activities)
- Copyright or attorney fees
- Fundraising activities
- Purchase of equipment
- Development of written work for academic credit or for research that will be used for a degree thesis or dissertation
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the International Project Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.