AAUW San Diego’s Scholarship Program
The American Association of University Women: San Diego BranchSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $750 - US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: California
Location of residency: California
Location of citizenship: United States
Gender restriction: Female
Minimum GPA: 3.4View website Save Need help writing this grant?
For well over a decade, AAUW San Diego’s Scholarship Fund Committee has awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships to local college and university students who seek to achieve a baccalaureate degree.
AAUW scholarship awards are both merit-based and need-based. After reviewing and rating all applications, the Scholarship Committee will contact finalists for a personal interview. Scholarships will be presented and recipients honored at San Diego AAUW’s annual June luncheon, which awardees are expected to attend.
All majors will be considered on an equal basis. After reviewing applications, the Scholarship Committee will select the finalists for the year's scholarship awards. Applicants who have been ranked as finalists will be contacted for a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee. Scholarship recipients will be honored by the San Diego Branch of AAUW at their annual June luncheon.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or maintain permanent resident status and reside in San Diego County. (A copy of student or parent's utility bill is sufficient to show San Diego County residence requirement).
- Applicants must be attending or admitted for Fall 2017 to a 4-year college or university in San Diego
- Applicants must be full-time students (at least 12 units per semester or quarter)
- Applicants must be working toward a baccalaureate degree or a credential, but not a graduate degree
- Applicants must have earned at least 60 semester (90 quarter) units of credit toward the baccalaureate degree, and have a grade point average of 3.4 or higher
- Returning applicants should be current members of AAUW San Diego.
- False information may result in termination of any scholarship award granted.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AAUW San Diego’s Scholarship Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.