Selected Professions Fellowship: Science & Technology Group
American Association of University Women (AAUW)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $18,000
Deadline: Dec 1, 2019 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Masters Student
Funding uses: Conference, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded to women who intend to pursue a full-time course of study at accredited U.S. institutions during the fellowship year in one of the designated degree programs where women’s participation traditionally has been low.
Selected Professions Fellowships cover approved expenses for a 12-month period for master’s and professional degree students.
Science and Technology Group Fellowships: The following disciplines and master’s level degrees are eligible for fellowship funding in any year of study.
- Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Computer/information science (MS)
- Engineering (ME, MS)
- Mathematics/statistics (MS)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants are women who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States who have achieved high standards of academic excellence and show promise of distinction in their respective fields.
- Applicants must be full-time students at an accredited U.S. institution during the fellowship year, and should be pursuing a course of study in the United States over the full academic year
- Applicants should be enrolled in master’s level degree programs only.
- Eligible costs:
- Educational expenses
- Living expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship
- Priority is given to women who do not already hold a master’s or first professional degree.
- Ineligible applicants:
- Previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants)
- Ineligible programs:
- Joint degree programs: An individual enrolled in a joint-degree program may apply for support only if she plans to pursue full-time coursework during the entire fellowship year in one of the approved designated fields. Fellowship funds may not be used to support coursework in other fields, even if part of a joint-degree program.
- Distance learning: This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components.
- Ph.D. coursework or dissertations: Fellowships do not support Ph.D. coursework or dissertations.
- Funds are not available for:
- Purchase of equipment
- Indirect costs
- Research assistants
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayments of loans
- Tuition for dependent’s education
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Selected Professions Fellowship: Science & Technology Group by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.