AAV Research Grants
Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2020 9:00pm PST (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: May 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
AAV Mission Statement
The Association of Avian Veterinarians is an international professional organization of practitioners advancing and promoting avian medicine, stewardship, and conservation through education of its members, the veterinary community and those they serve.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The full project, or portion of the project for which funding is requested, must be completed within one (1) calendar year upon acceptance.
- All prospective research studies funded by the AAV must receive full approval by the facility’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or equivalent research review entity.If IACUC (or equivalent) approval is pending at the time of full proposal submission to the AAV, proof of subsequent complete approval must be made available to the AAV before funds can be released for the research project.
- For pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies, drugs under investigation must be fully approved for use in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- For prospective live bird research studies involving anesthesia or invasive surgery or surgery that causes a permanent change in the animal, a doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM or equivalent) must be listed as the principal investigator or co-investigator.
- Costs such as travel expenses, publication costs, investigator or assistant salaries, major equipment purchases, and overhead shall not be funded by the AAV.
- No more than three (3) pre-proposals may be submitted per researcher.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AAV Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.