ACA Research Grant
Alberta Conservation Association (ACA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $40,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 30, 2019 3:30pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: Canada
Location of citizenship: Canada
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
At Alberta Conservation Association (ACA), we believe it is our responsibility to join and support the collective effort to conserve, protect and enhance Alberta’s fish, wildlife and habitat. In addition to delivering conservation programs throughout the province, we administer a fund that has been awarding conservation grants since 1997. Funded by the province’s anglers, hunters and other conservationists, ACA’s Grant programs supports projects that benefit Alberta’s wildlife and fish populations, and the habitat they depend on.
The ACA Grants Program aims to aid Alberta Conservation Association (ACA) in the delivery of its mission. Grants made to partners are intended to enhance and supplement ACA activities.
ACA Research Grants funds high quality research projects on wildlife, fish and habitat which inform the effective management of wildlife, fish populations, and habitat in Alberta.
All applicants to the ACA Research Grants should be aware that this grant is fully funded by the hunters and anglers of Alberta. All proposals should be able to demonstrate how the proposed project will aid ACA in meeting its mission of conserving, protecting and enhancing fish, wildlife and habitat for all Albertans to enjoy, value and use. To help direct potential applicants the following list of priority areas has been developed. While the ACA Research Grants will accept applications that do not relate to these suggested areas, projects that address one or more of these priority areas will have a higher probability of being funded than those that do not.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Anyone qualified to conduct high quality research can apply if they have a suitable research project, with the exception of Federal or Provincial Government employees and ACA staff.
- Post-doctoral fellows, university and research institution faculty, anyone qualified to conduct high quality research.
- Graduate student and post-doc projects have to be submitted by the project supervisor (i.e. faculty member).
- If requesting renewed funding from ACA, make sure you demonstrate evidence that you have made progress with your project, e.g. preliminary results, publications, etc. and justify why another year of funding is necessary to the project.
- Research expenses covered by the ACA Research Grant:
- Project staff can be supported, as well as student/research assistant wages, up to $2,200 per month. However no student stipends (i.e. scholarships) will be supported.
- Capital assets costing over $500 that can be reused on other projects. Capital assets may remain the property of ACA upon project completion.
- Honoraria and contract services (must be itemized in application).
- Priority is given to projects that contribute to the funding priorities (see guidelines) and demonstrate a "self-help" attitude (e.g. partner contributions, in-kind support).
- Please note the following restrictions and ineligibilities:
- You cannot apply with the same project to both the ACA Research Grants and ACA Grants in Biodiversity.
- Applications in which the Federal or Provincial Government employee is the principal investigator/researcher (Principal investigator is considered the lead on a project) or the principal investigator/researcher is a Federal or Provincial ministry are ineligible.
- Federal or Provincial Government employees may be part of the project, but must not be responsible for the majority of the project.
- ACA will not normally allow for applicants that are supported through other means by ACA to receive funds through this granting process, e.g. ACA IPS NSERC contributions, ACA Sustainable Grasslands Program, etc.
- Regular ongoing staff salary positions are ineligible.
- Grants are not normally offered towards profit-making activities.
- Grants are not normally available for ongoing administration costs of the organization or for the funding of administrative staff.
- Overhead costs are ineligible.
- Emergency funds and deficit financing will not be funded.
- Travel to conferences and seminars, unless part of a larger project supported by the Association, will not be funded.
- General fundraising costs are ineligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ACA Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.