ACF: Greater Sitka Legacy Fund Grant Program
The Alaska Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 2, 2018 6:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Sitka City and Borough, Alaska
Location of residency: AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Greater Sitka Legacy Fund Grant Program
Individual grant amounts will be awarded from $1,000-$3,000 for a total of up to $12,000.
Applications will be accepted from qualified, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, such as Tribal entities, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs in the Sitka area. Grants may support a broad range of community needs, including but not limited to health and wellness, education, the great outdoors, arts and culture, and community development.
Grant projects must be completed within one year of award and are subject to the grantee completing an online grant agreement signifying acceptance of the terms and conditions of the grant. A final grant report and any other overdue follow ups must also be submitted online before the grantee will be eligible for future grant opportunities from GSLF.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Greater Sitka Legacy Fund (GSLF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from qualified, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, such as Tribal entities, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs in the Sitka area.
- Grants may support a broad range of community needs, including health and wellness, education, the great outdoors, arts and culture, and community development.
- Fiscal Sponsorship:
- Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization who is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship.
- Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from GSLF on behalf of the ineligible organization.
- A letter from the fiscal sponsor must be submitted with the application for the project to be considered.
- Please review the fiscal sponsor letter template for a full list of requirements.
- Applications should detail measurable and achievable outcomes and demonstrate other sources of support, collaboration, and/or cooperation.
- Applications should also address the sustainability of the proposed program or project for which funding is desired.
- Preference will be given to applications which have the potential to impact a broad range of Sitka area residents.
- Ineligible organizations or activities:
- Individuals, for-profit, 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), and non-Alaska based organizations, private or family foundations, state and federal government agencies, and ad hoc groups without a tax exempt legal status are not eligible for competitive grants.
- Applications for religious indoctrination or other religious activities, endowment building, deficit financing, fundraising, lobbying, electioneering, or activities of political nature will not be considered, nor will proposals for ads, sponsorships, special events (e.g. fundraisers), or travel outside of Sitka and any proposals which discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed, or ethnicity.
- Exceptions: In selected cases, projects undertaken by organizations that normally fall outside the above guidelines may be able to receive funding.
- Examples include faith-based organizations whose proposal impacts the broader community, and units of government whose proposal extends beyond the traditional governmental functions that impact the broader community.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ACF: Greater Sitka Legacy Fund Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.