Sitka Legacy Fund Grant Program
The Alaska Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Sep 27, 2020 6:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Sitka City and Borough, Alaska
Location of residency: AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Sitka Legacy Foundation (SLF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from qualified, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, including Tribal entities, local governments, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs in Sitka and surrounding rural communities. Grants may support a broad range of community needs, including but not limited to health and wellness, education, arts and culture, conservation, and community development. Grant awards are expected to range from $500-$1,500, and up to $3,000 for specific capital projects.
Grant projects must be completed within one year of award and are subject to the grantee completing an online grant agreement signifying acceptance of the terms and conditions of the grant. A final grant report must also be submitted online by the assigned due date. Due dates and the forms to submit for these follow ups can be found by logging into the online grant system.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Sitka Legacy Foundation (SLF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from qualified, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, including Tribal entities, local governments, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs in Sitka and surrounding rural communities.
- Ineligible organizations or activities:
- Individuals, for-profit, 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), and non-Alaska based organizations, private or family foundations, state and federal government agencies, and ad hoc groups without a tax exempt legal status are not eligible for competitive grants.
- Applications for religious indoctrination or other religious activities, endowment building, deficit financing, fundraising, lobbying, electioneering, or activities of political nature will not be considered, nor will proposals for ads, sponsorships, or special events (e.g. fundraisers) and any proposals which discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed, or ethnicity.
- SLF does not fund youth sports,
- and generally does not provide funding for travel outside Sitka.
- Exceptions: In selected cases, projects undertaken by organizations that normally fall outside the above guidelines may be able to receive funding. Examples include faith-based organizations whose proposal impacts the broader community, and units of government whose proposal extends beyond the traditional governmental functions that impact the broader community
- Fiscal Sponsorship: Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization who is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship. Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from GSLF on behalf of the ineligible organization. A letter from the fiscal sponsor must be submitted with the application for the project to be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sitka Legacy Fund Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.