Kodiak Community Foundation Grant Program
The Alaska Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 19, 2019 6:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska
Location of residency: AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
ACF: Kodiak Community Foundation Grant Program
The Kodiak Community Foundation (KCF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from qualified, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents) that support organizations and programs on the Kodiak Archipelago. Individual grant amounts will be awarded from $500-$25,000 to one or more organizations for a total of up to $25,000.
Grant applications must be submitted online and received by 5:00pm AKST on Friday, June 16, 2017. Grant reports for previous grant awards from ACF/KCF must also be submitted prior to the deadline for the current application to be considered.
Awarded grant proposals must be completed within one year of receiving a grant. A final grant report must be received before the grantee will be eligible for another grant opportunity from ACF/KCF.
The KCF Grants Committee is composed of volunteer Advisory Board members and other community members. The committee strives to facilitate a competitive process that is fair and transparent, and all eligible applications are reviewed and evaluated using a scoring matrix by each committee member.
Applications should detail measurable and achievable outcomes and demonstrate other sources of support, collaboration, and/or cooperation. Applications should also address the sustainability of the proposed program or project for which funding is desired.
Evaluation criteria include but are not limited to the overall merit of the project, the ability of the organization to successfully complete the project, the clarity and measurability of the project’s goal, the feasibility of the time frame given for completion of the project, and the number of people served.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility Criteria
- The Kodiak Community Foundation (KCF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from qualified, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations that support charitable organizations and programs on the Kodiak Archipelago.
- Fiscal Sponsorship:
- Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization who is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship.
- Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from KCF on behalf of the ineligible organization. A letter from a fiscal sponsor must be submitted with the application for the project be considered.
- Preference will be given to applications which have the potential to impact a broad range of Kodiak area residents.
- Ineligible organizations or activities:
- Individuals, for-profit, 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), and non-Alaska based organizations, private or family foundations, and state and federal government agencies are not eligible for competitive grants.
- Applications for religious indoctrination or other religious activities, endowment building, deficit financing, fundraising, lobbying, electioneering, and activities of political nature will not be considered, nor will proposals for ads, sponsorships, or special events and any proposals which discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed, or ethnicity.
- Exceptions: In selected cases, projects undertaken by organizations that normally fall outside the above guidelines may be able to receive funding.
- Examples include religious organizations whose proposal impacts the broader community, and units of government whose proposal extends beyond the traditional governmental functions that impact the broader community.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kodiak Community Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.