Petersburg Community Foundation Grant Program
The Alaska Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2020 6:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Petersburg Borough, Alaska
Location of residency: AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
ACF: Petersburg Community Foundation Grant Program
The Petersburg Community Foundation’s competitive grant program awards grants to qualified nonprofits offering charitable programs and services in the Petersburg area. Awarded grant proposals must be completed within one year.
Applications should detail measurable and achievable outcomes and demonstrate other sources of support, collaboration and/or cooperation. Applications should also address the sustainability of the proposed program or project for which funding is desired. Evaluation criteria include but are not limited to the overall merit of the project, the ability of the organization to successfully complete the project, the clarity and measurability of the project’s goal, the feasibility of the time frame given for completion of the project, and the number of people served. In an effort to maximize Petersburg’s resources, please indicate if your requested item(s) are currently available for loan within the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- The Petersburg Community Foundation, an Affiliate fund of The Alaska Community Foundation, seeks applications from qualified tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations that support the organizations and programs in the Petersburg area and serve the people’s needs in such areas as health, education, community heritage, the arts, vulnerable populations, recreation, safety, and community and economic development.
- Preference will be given to applications which have the potential to impact a broad range of Petersburg area residents.
- Ineligible organizations or activities:
- Individuals, for profit, and 501(c)(4) or (c)(6) organizations, non-Alaska based organizations and state or federal government agencies are not eligible for competitive grants.
- Applications for religious indoctrination or other religious activities, endowment building, deficit financing, fundraising, lobbying, electioneering and activities of political nature will not be considered, nor will proposals for ads, sponsorships, or special event and any proposals which discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed or ethnicity.
- Exceptions: In selected cases, projects undertaken by organizations that normally fall outside the above guidelines may be able to receive funding.
- Examples include:
- Religious organizations without religious purpose whose proposal impacts the broader community.
- Units of government whose proposal extends beyond the traditional governmental functions that impact the broader community
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Petersburg Community Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.