ACF/UWCNM Emergency Action Fund
Albuquerque Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Jul 2, 2021 4:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Technology Access & Digital Literacy Literacy Child Abuse & Neglect Domestic Violence Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Homelessness Services After School /Summer Educational Programs Educational Access & Equity Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in New Mexico: Bernalillo County, Sandoval County, Torrance County, Valencia County Other eligible locations: New Mexico
Location of residency: New MexicoView website Save
About this funder:
Emergency Action Fund
Since March 20, 2020, the Emergency Action Fund (EAF) has invested over $440,000 to 93 nonprofit organizations in New Mexico that are providing emergency and basic human needs services to those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis. From March through May, the EAF partners have met regularly to ensure the fund is consistently addressing the changing needs COVID-19 has created in our community. Our nonprofit partners are now facing new ways to re-envision and restructure their programs, and we must re-evaluate how the EAF can best support these efforts.
COVID-19 has devastated nonprofits, businesses and the health and well-being of nearly every sector of our community. Through this devastation, COVID-19 has also exacerbated underlying conditions that have plagued troubled systems for many years. The Emergency Action Fund seeks proposals from organizations that are creatively addressing these pre-existing issues that have recently been revealed by COVID-19.
As we begin to adapt to life through COVID-19, we are also aware of the possibility of another spike in cases and/or the likelihood that the effects of COVID-19 may exist long after the threat of the virus is contained. By funding longer-term programs aimed at mitigating underlying conditions exposed by COVID-19, our hope is to create stronger systems in our community for future crises.
The Emergency Action Fund seeks proposals from organizations addressing access to technology, family stability and/or education gaps.
- Access to technology may include, but is not limited to: access to devices and software for at-risk and under-resourced populations, digital literacy training/programs and/or virtual communication strategies/tools.
- Family stability may include, but is not limited to: reducing family and child trauma/abuse; access to mental and behavioral health; homeless services; financial stability and literacy.
- Education gaps may include, but is not limited to: facilitating distance learning; reducing learning gaps during out-of-school time (including summer and COVID-months).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must hold 501c3 nonprofit status from the IRS.
- Priority will be given to organizations in the Greater Albuquerque Metro Area; however, statewide grants may be available based on request and access to additional funding in different parts of the state.
- Organizations may only submit one application.
- Organizations that have already received a grant from the Emergency Action Fund in the first round of funding are eligible to apply.
- Grants will range from $25,000 - $50,000. Exact grant amounts will be determined during the application review process.
- This application will be considered separate from any other grant application submitted to participating EAF funders in 2020. No information provided in this request will influence any additional funding decisions the partner funders may be considering from your organization this year.
- Applications may be submitted for programs that are currently underway, but not completed.
- Funding may be used retroactively for partial programming.
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm MT on July 2, 2020.
- Funding decisions will be announced during the first week of August.
- The EAF partners may share your request with other entities to increase access for more available funding.