ACLS Digital Extension Grants
American Council of Learned Societies
Grant amount: Up to US $150,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 10, 2019 6:00pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty College / University
Funding uses: Conference, Research, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Extend established digital projects and resources with content that adds diversity or interdisciplinary reach
- Develop new systems of making established digital resources available to broader audiences and/or scholars from diverse institutions
- Foster new team-based work or collaborations that allow scholars from institutions with limited digital infrastructure to exploit digital resources
- Create new forms and sites for scholarly engagement with the digital humanities. Projects that document and recognize participant engagement are strongly encouraged
- Support projects aimed at preserving and making sustainable established digital projects and content.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Projects must be hosted by an institution of higher education in the United States.
- Project’s principal investigator must be a scholar in a field of the humanities and the humanistic social sciences.
- Principal investigator must have a PhD degree conferred prior to the application deadline.
- An established scholar who can demonstrate the equivalent of the PhD in publications and professional experience may also qualify.
- Each grant will provide up to $150,000 in funding, which may support a range of project costs, including, where necessary, salary replacement for faculty or staff, software, equipment, travel, or consultant fees.
- Institutional indirect costs will not be covered.
- ACLS grants may not support creative works (e.g., novels or films), textbooks, straightforward translations, or purely pedagogical projects.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ACLS Digital Extension Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.