ACT Foundation: Grant for Individuals
Grant amount: Up to £2,500
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The ACT Foundation (ACT) was formed in 1994 and is registered with the Charity Commission (charity number 1068617).
ACT provides grants to individuals and other charities, principally in the UK, with the aim of enhancing the quality of life for people in need, particularly those who have a physical or mental disability or the aged.
- People with physical and mental disabilities
- the aged and those in need
- Hospices and end of life care
- Support for young carers
Our grants generally fall into the following areas:
- Building - funding modifications to homes (where a Disabled Facilities Grant ("DFG") has already been awarded), charities, special schools, hospices etc.
- Equipment - provision of specialist wheelchairs, other mobility aids and equipment including medical equipment and technology to assist independent living.
- Respite – help towards the cost of short-term respite breaks at registered respite centres.
ACT provides grants of up to £2,500 to individuals with
the aim of enhancing the quality of life for people in need
(specifically people living in poverty, those who have a physical and/or
mental disability or the aged).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are required to be permanently resident in the UK.
- We welcome applications for grants from all sections of the community and decisions are made based on our available funding levels and never on grounds of age, race or gender.
- Examples of grants ACT will consider:
- Building adaptations where a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) has been awarded and there is a shortfall.
- Mobility aids
- Specialised seating and car seats
- Specialised beds and sleep systems
- Sensory toys and equipment, room padding
- Communication aids, specialised software
- Respite at a registered centre for the applicant only
- Vehicle Adaptations
- Examples of grants ACT will not consider:
- Equipment or work for which there is statutory funding available
- Building works (unless a DFG has been secured)
- Garden works
- Ordinary domestic items (e.g. flooring, white goods, furniture, clothing)
- Retrospective funding (e.g. where goods have already been purchased or ordered and a deposit paid or where building work has already commenced)
- Deposits for vehicles
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ACT Foundation: Grant for Individuals by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.