ACT Foundation: Grant for Individuals
Grant amount: Up to £2,500
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The ACT Foundation (ACT) was formed in 1994 and is registered with the Charity Commission (charity number 1068617).
ACT provides funding of up to £2,500 towards the cost of equipment to support individuals to continue living in their own homes.
Our aim is to help as many people as possible and to help us achieve this we have selected and provide funding to a number of "partner charities" who we value greatly.
Our partners have been chosen as they have expertise and resources in areas that we do not. An example of one such charity is Whizz-Kidz with whom we have had a successful match funding partnership for over 10 years. They are signposted all the applications we receive for mobility aids for children up to the age of 18 years and their team of professionals are able to assess current and future need.
- Whizz-Kidz We are more than happy to forward your application to Whizz-Kidz to process but if you wish to contact them directly please see the link below for further information.
Other Partners are:-
- Family Fund - award grants for equipment, furniture and white goods to families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill young person up to 25 years of age
- Friends of the Elderly - one off grants to elderly people living on a low income for essential items such as flooring, household appliances, household repairs, adaptations, etc.
- Independence at Home - grants to people of all ages throughout the UK who have a physical or learning disability or a long term illness who are in financial need and require home repairs, heating grants, general furnishings or adaptations, etc
Examples of grants we consider:-
- Mobility aids (for young people under 18 please apply to Whizz Kidz as detailed above)
- Specialised seating and car seats
- Specialised beds and sleep systems
- Sensory toys and equipment
- Communication aids, specialised software
- Respite breaks for applicants or their carers at a registered centre such as our charity partner The Calvert Trust
- Vehicle adaptations
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are required to be permanently resident in the UK.
- We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we will do our best to ensure that they are dealt with fairly and to ensure that no one is denied access to information or funding on grounds of race, colour, ethnicity or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Examples of grants ACT will not consider:
- Equipment or work for which there is statutory funding available
- Building works (including DFG shortfalls)
- Garden works
- Ordinary domestic items (e.g. flooring, white goods, furniture, clothing)
- Retrospective funding (e.g. where goods have already been purchased or ordered and a deposit paid)
- Deposits for vehicles
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ACT Foundation: Grant for Individuals by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.