Translational Research Initiative for Hearing (TRIH) Grant
Action on Hearing LossSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £300,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 7, 2020 9:00am PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 6, 2020 9:00am PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Working Professional Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Action on Hearing Loss TRIH Grant
Our Translational Research Initiative for Hearing (TRIH) Grant aims to help strengthen the translation of fundamental research towards patient benefit. It supports:
- Research with a strong commercial potential that is likely to attract follow-on funding at the conclusion of the grant.
- Studies that will facilitate and enable the progression of promising basic research towards testing in clinical trials.
The scope of the TRIH call varies from year to year. This year, applications will be accepted in the following areas:
Small molecule, gene or cell-based approaches for the treatment of hearing loss or tinnitus.
This can include:
- Studies which will enable lead optimisation and/or candidate selection.
- Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics (PKPD) studies.
- Safety/toxicology studies.
- Drug repositioning/repurposing (applications must contain preliminary data supporting the proposed approach)
Research that addresses at least one of the following “TRIH Challenge” topics
- Validation of therapeutic targets for the treatment of hearing loss or tinnitus (applications must contain preliminary data supporting the proposed approach).
- Studies to strengthen confidence that a target or therapeutic approach will be applicable to human hearing loss or tinnitus.
- Preclinical model validation i.e. studies to increase the understanding of invivo or in-vitro model relevance to human hearing loss or tinnitus.
- Identification/validation of methods or outcomes that could be used for one or more of the following:
- Patient selection/stratification for clinical trials
- Robust measurement of treatment responses in clinical trials.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The TRIH Grant does not support basic research into the causes and underpinning biology of hearing loss and tinnitus or the development of devices or software.
- Please note that as a charity, it is our policy not to fund any indirect costs or the salaries of permanent employees.
- This year, applications will not be accepted in the following areas:
- Basic research into the causes and underpinning biology of hearing loss and tinnitus
- The development of devices or software
- The optimization of current clinical protocols
- Health service studies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Translational Research Initiative for Hearing (TRIH) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.