Addax & Oryx Foundation Project Grants
Addax & Oryx Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Africa; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Cyprus; Egypt; Georgia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Israel; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Oman; Palestine, State of; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Syrian Arab Republic; Turkey; Yemen Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Addax and Oryx Foundation is an independent Swiss non-profit foundation, registered in Geneva, Switzerland. We have been supporting projects run by non-profit organisations since 1996, with the aim of helping poor communities in Africa and the Middle East to sustainably rise out of poverty.
We are convinced that in the fight against poverty a virtuous circle of sustainable development can be created by working with communities to share and develop the basic knowledge, skills and conditions that empower them for the future.
The organisations it supports commit to biannual reporting on the progress of the project and the use of funds. The Foundation is strongly committed to efficient technical and financial management of the projects its finances.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Addax and Oryx Foundation funds projects that:
- Are conducted by registered non-profit, non-governmental organisations with:
- Proven experience and competence in the proposed area of activity.
- Demonstrated budget efficiency and transparency in the use of funds.
- Contribute to the eradication of the root causes of poverty in Africa and the Middle East.
- Focus on Foundation’s four core areas:
- Community development
- The environment
- Create a sustainable and measureable impact for the most underprivileged populations.
- Ensure sustainable development by building skills and empowerment for the long-term.
- The Foundation gives preference to projects that cover two or more of its core areas, and to small organisations run by highly committed individuals who are directly involved in the projects they propose.
- The Foundation does not support:
- On-going programs
- Individuals or their families directly
- Religious or faith-based projects, programs or organisations
- Political organisations and/or events
- For-profit organisations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Unregistered charities
- Projects outside Africa and the Middle East
- Sports sponsorships
- Research when it is the project's sole purpose
- Professional conventions, conferences, seminars
- Requests solely for travel, accommodation and/or meal expenses
- Requests solely for operating or administrative expenses
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Addax & Oryx Foundation Project Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.