Addax & Oryx Foundation Project Grants
Addax & Oryx FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Poverty Alleviation & Services Environment Education Health & Medicine Community Development & Revitalization
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Africa; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Cyprus; Egypt; Georgia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Israel; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Oman; Palestine, State of; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Syrian Arab Republic; Turkey; Yemen Show all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
The Addax and Oryx Foundation is an independent Swiss non-profit foundation, registered in Geneva, Switzerland. We have been supporting projects run by non-profit organisations since 1996, with the aim of helping poor communities in Africa and the Middle East to sustainably rise out of poverty.
We are convinced that in the fight against poverty a virtuous circle of sustainable development can be created by working with communities to share and develop the basic knowledge, skills and conditions that empower them for the future.
The organisations it supports commit to biannual reporting on the progress of the project and the use of funds. The Foundation is strongly committed to efficient technical and financial management of the projects its finances.
Our mission is to fight the root causes of poverty, in Africa and the Middle East, by supporting projects focusing on four core areas of work.
- Community development
We believe that, together, Health, Education, Community development and the Environment are essential to sustainable development. Our projects take a holistic approach and are anchored in local communities ensuring that actions are relevant and viable for the long-term.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Addax and Oryx Foundation funds projects that:
- Are conducted by registered non-profit, non-governmental organisations with:
- Proven experience and competence in the proposed area of activity.
- Demonstrated budget efficiency and transparency in the use of funds.
- Contribute to the eradication of the root causes of poverty in Africa and the Middle East.
- Focus on Foundation’s four core areas:
- Community development
- The environment
- Create a sustainable and measureable impact for the most underprivileged populations.
- Ensure sustainable development by building skills and empowerment for the long-term.
- The Foundation gives preference to projects that cover two or more of its core areas, and to small organisations run by highly committed individuals who are directly involved in the projects they propose.
- The Foundation does not support:
- On-going programs
- Individuals or their families directly
- Religious or faith-based projects, programs or organisations
- Political organisations and/or events
- For-profit organisations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Unregistered charities
- Projects outside Africa and the Middle East
- Sports sponsorships
- Research when it is the project's sole purpose
- Professional conventions, conferences, seminars
- Requests solely for travel, accommodation and/or meal expenses
- Requests solely for operating or administrative expenses
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”