Adoption Partnerships - Adoption Rewards & Adoption Event Grants
PetSmart CharitiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We've helped more than 7,894,536 pets find their forever homes. Let's work together to connect more people & pets than ever before. Become an in-store adoption partner or take part in PetSmart Charities' signature adoption events including National Adoption Weekends, which are held four times a year.
Benefits of being a PetSmart Charities adoption partner:
- A safe, clean free space for adoptable dogs, cats, rabbits, and small pets
- Increased exposure of your mission to potential adopters
- Priority communication on new grant opportunities and dedicated support from the PetSmart Charities team
- A cash reward for each pet adopted through our in-store adoption program
- The opportunity to participate in four National Adoption Weekends per year
- Food, litter, and appropriate habitats to use in the store
- Eligibility to apply for exclusive adoption event grants to save even more pets
The PetSmart Charities adoption rewards program is a new reward program that streamlines the way PetSmart Charities provides adoption rewards to Adoption Partners.
This new reward program celebrates the efforts of Adoption Partners, and creates more opportunities to facilitate adoptions throughout the year - saving more lives!
Adoption Partners in the United States who facilitate in-store adoptions will receive these rewards based on the number of pets adopted in-store. (Canadian Partners - see here).
Adoption Event Grants
Adoption Partners are also eligible to receive funding assistance when hosting an in-store adoption event. We are pleased to announce that adoption event grant applications have been simplified and were expanded to include funding for adoption prep and volunteer support.
Adoption event grants can be used for:
- Adoption Prep: (wellness exams, spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations, and microchipping)
- Marketing: (social media boosted posts, ads, banners, radio remotes and flyers)
- Event Equipment and Supplies: (tables, chairs, tents, fencing, permits, heating and cooling)
- Pet Containment and Supplies: (crates, pens, bowls, leads, and collars)
- Volunteer Support: (refreshments, gas - funds limited to 10% of overall grant award)
All event grant requests must first be made through your local PetSmart Store Leade
- The maximum adoption event grant an organization can receive in the U.S. is $5,000. (Canadian Partners - see here)
- Event grant funding is awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Adoption event grants will be determined based on the number of animals brought to the event.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PetSmart Charities® funds:
- 501(c)(3) public charities in the U.S. with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Registered charities in Canada with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Cities or counties with animal care and control budgets
- Nonprofit educational institutions
- Tribal authorities.
- We do not fund:
- Private foundations
- Organizations outside the U.S. and Canada.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Adoption Partnerships - Adoption Rewards & Adoption Event Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.