Norman R. Tilford Field Studies Scholarship Fund
Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Tilford Fund of the AEG Foundation was established by the Foundation (then the Engineering Geology Foundation) in 1998 to create a scholarship fund that emphasized and supported field studies. The fund name honors the memory, work, and professional contributions of Norman R. Tilford, (1934-1997), a consultant, professor, past president of the Association of Engineering Geologists, and the Executive Director of the Association at the time of his death.
This fund is distributed as grants awarded to graduate and undergraduate students in support of field studies. The awards are based on demonstrated scholarship, ability, participation, and the potential for contributions to the profession.
The annual Tilford scholarship awards consist
- $1000 to an undergraduate student
- $1500 to a Master’s candidate
- $1500 to a doctoral candidate.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants from the Tilford Fund are intended to recognize and support deserving undergraduate or graduate geology students who are Student Members of the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Must be a student member, and remain one during the lifetime of the grant.
- The Tilford Fund does not support general and administrative (overhead) costs, technical or scientific consulting fees, or equipment purchase or maintenance costs of an educational institution employing or teaching individuals who receive grants from it.
- The Foundation will not make grants supporting activities or publications that are designed to be used to influence political decisions or processes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Norman R. Tilford Field Studies Scholarship Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.