West-Gray Scholarship Fund
Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Established in 2014 in with initial funding provided by a gift from Terry R. West and Richard E. Gray, Past Presidents of the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists. Grants from the West-Gray Scholarship Fund are intended to recognize and support deserving undergraduate or graduate students who are Student Members of the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists.
Purpose And Scope
The West-Gray Scholarship Fund was established by the AEG Foundation to support direct costs associated with the West-Gray Scholarships. Initial funding was provided by a gift from Terry R. West and Richard E. Gray, Past Presidents of the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists. The purpose and scope of the West-Gray Scholarship Fund, developed in cooperation with the original donors, is to support geologic studies by students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Minimum requirements for a scholarship grant include:
- Enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate-level student majoring in applied geology at an accredited college or university (see geographic restriction, below)
- An overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Student membership in AEG and sponsorship by an AEG Active Member.
- Geographic location: the student must be EITHER:
- a student in an accredited university in the eastern half of the United States (Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, and states to the east thereof), OR
- graduate students enrolled in an accredited university located anywhere in the United States, but conducting field studies in the eastern half of the United States.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- The Foundation will not make grants supporting activities or publications that are designed to be used to influence political decisions or processes.
- The Fund does not support equipment purchases or
maintenance costs of an educational institution employing or teaching individuals who receive
grants from it.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the West-Gray Scholarship Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.