Ralph W. Shrader Diversity Graduate Scholarship (Women and Minority students)
AFCEASuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000
Deadline: Apr 10, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
AFCEA is a member-based, non-profit association for professionals that provides highly sought after thought leadership, engagement and networking opportunities. We focus on cyber, command, control, communications, computers and intelligence to address national and international security challenges.
2018 Signature Sponsors
Ralph W. Shrader Graduate Diversity Scholarship - scholarships are made possible by a generous contribution from Booz Allen Hamilton.
For the 2018-2019 academic year scholarships of $3,000 will be awarded to full-time students (women and minority students), enrolled in their second semester and at least two semester-equivalent courses) currently pursuing a graduate degree at any accredited academic institution in the United States in an eligible major that supports the mission of AFCEA Educational Foundation. Expected graduation date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded.
AFCEA's focus is on STEM/hard sciences - information technology, cybersecuirty, telecommunications electronics supporting defense, homeland security and intelligence communities.
Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include:
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Forensics Science,
- Computer Programming,
- Computer Science,
- Computer Systems,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Electronics Engineering,
- Geospatial Science,
- Information Science,
- Information Technology,
- Information Resource Management,
- Network Engineering,
- Network Security,
- Operations Research,
- Robotics Engineering,
- Robotics Technology,
- Strategic Intelligence,
- Telecommunications Engineering,
- Intelligence and Homeland Security.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
- Must currently be enrolled in their second semester and at least two semester-equivalent courses per semester at an accredited college or university (HBCU or non-HBCU) in the United States at the time of application.
- A current overall GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of application is required.
- The scholarship funding is restricted to tuition and course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies and equipment that are required for the courses at the university.
- Distance-learning or online programs are eligible.
- Expected graduation date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Undergraduate students should apply to the AFCEA Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ralph W. Shrader Diversity Graduate Scholarship (Women and Minority students) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.