STEM Majors Scholarships
AFCEASuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Apr 10, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
AFCEA is a member-based, non-profit association for professionals that provides highly sought after thought leadership, engagement and networking opportunities. We focus on cyber, command, control, communications, computers and intelligence to address national and international security challenges.
AFCEA connects great ideas, vital solutions and innovative people to advance the global security mission. We provide an ethical forum for military, government, academic and industry communities to collaborate so that technology and strategy align with the needs of those who serve.
STEM Major Scholarships Available
- STEM Major Scholarship ($2,500)
- Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship ($3,000)
- Cyber Security Scholarship ($5,000)
- Student Member Scholarship ($2,500)
NOTE: There is ONE application form for all STEM Major Scholarships; applicants will be considered for all AFCEA STEM Major scholarship opportunities for which they are qualified.
Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include: Biometry/Biometrics, Computer Engineering, Computer Forensics Science, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Geospatial Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Information Resource Management, Intelligence, Mathematics, Network Engineering, Network Security, Operations, Research, Physics, Robotics Engineering, Robotics Technology, Statistics, Strategic Intelligence, and Telecommunications Engineering
Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
Applicants for the Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the STEM Majors Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must be a woman or minority student. Students attending HBCUs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Cyber Security Scholarship
- Applicants for the Cyber Security Scholarship must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the STEM Majors Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must be in one of the following majors:
- Cyber Security
- Computer Science
- Digital Forensics
- Information Assurance
- Information Technology
- Electronic Engineering
- Other field related to the support of U.S. Cyber enterprises
Student Member Scholarship
Applicants for the Student Member Scholarship must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the STEM Majors Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must hold an AFCEA membership, either a student membership or a Junior Enlisted membership.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Undergraduate candidates must be at least second-year college students enrolled as sophomores or juniors full-time in a four-year college or university at the time of application.
- Expected graduation date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- A current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in their current program at an accredited U.S. college or university required at the time of application.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applications will be accepted from current eligible undergraduate level students majoring in STEM fields that meet the mission of AFCEA, to include Cyber Security, Intelligence and Homeland Security-related disciplines. Online programs are eligible
- You are NOT eligible to apply:
- If attending a Community College and planning to attend a four-year university
- If attending a two-year college
- If you are a freshman or a senior in a four-year university
- If you are a high school senior
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the STEM Majors Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.