STEM Majors Scholarships
AFCEASuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 12, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
AFCEA is a member-based, non-profit association for professionals that provides highly sought after thought leadership, engagement and networking opportunities. We focus on cyber, command, control, communications, computers and intelligence to address national and international security challenges.
AFCEA connects great ideas, vital solutions and innovative people to advance the global security mission. We provide an ethical forum for military, government, academic and industry communities to collaborate so that technology and strategy align with the needs of those who serve.
STEM Major Application
For the 2018-2019 Academic Year, applicants will be considered for all AFCEA STEM Major scholarship opportunities for which they are qualified. Applications will be accepted from current eligible undergraduate level students majoring in STEM fields that meet the mission of AFCEA (listed below), to include Cyber Security, Intelligence and Homeland Security-related disciplines.
Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include:
- Biometry/Biometrics, Computer Engineering, Computer Forensics Science, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Geospatial Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Information Resource Management, Intelligence, Mathematics, Network Engineering, Network Security, Operations, Research, Physics, Robotics Engineering, Robotics Technology, Statistics, Strategic Intelligence, and Telecommunications Engineering
Scholarship awards are subject to availability of funding. Scholarship awards are restricted to tuition, course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies and equipment that are required for the courses at the university.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications will be accepted from current eligible undergraduate level students majoring in STEM fields that meet the mission of AFCEA (listed above), to include Cyber Security, Intelligence and Homeland Security-related disciplines.
- Undergraduate candidates must be at least second-year college students enrolled as sophomores or juniors full-time in a four-year college or university at the time of application.
- Online programs are eligible.
- A current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in their current program at an accredited U.S. college or university required at the time of application.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
- You are NOT eligible to apply:
- If attending a Community College and planning to attend a four year university
- If attending a two year college
- If you are a freshman or a senior in a four year university
- If you are a high school senior
- Expected graduation/completion date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the STEM Majors Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.