African Bird Club Conservation Awards
African Bird Club
Grant amount: Up to £3,000
Next deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 28, 2019, Jun 30, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Africa
Location of residency: AfricaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The ABC's Conservation Programme supports small to medium sized conservation projects in Africa. Since 1996, it has supported a wide variety of projects including training courses, research into threatened species and promotion and awareness of conservation issues in Africa.
The Club aims to encourage as wide a range of ideas as possible, and funds approximately ten Conservation Awards each year. Many different types of project can be considered so long as there is a clear conservation objective. These could include:
- Survey and research into African birds
- Educational projects or training courses
- Production of guides to the common birds of a country in local languages
- Interpretation material for nature reserves
Other ideas will be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Must be normally resident in Africa
- May only submit a single proposal for a Conservation Award an Expedition Award in each funding round
- Eligible projects:
- Ideally, the requested grant from ABC should be a major part of the project budget
- Funding for field projects that are being carried out as part of an academic study may be considered if funding from the academic institution is not available
- Requests for contributions towards academic fees will not normally be considered.
- You may not apply this award and the ABC Expedition award at the same time.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the African Bird Club Conservation Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.