Farm Credit East
Grant amount: US $500 - US $8,000
Next deadline: Aug 1, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Dec 1, 2018 2:00pm PST, Apr 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont Expand all
Location of residency: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Each year, Northeast agricultural credit associations and CoBank award grants to help organizations promote awareness and strengthen agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products in the six New England states, New York and New Jersey. Since its inception in 1996, the Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program has awarded more than one million dollars in grants to organizations across the Northeast.
Statement of Purpose
The Farm Credit Northeast AgEnhancement Program (Farm Credit AgEnhancement) was established to support programs, projects, events, and other activities that promote and strengthen the agriculture, forest products or commercial fishing industries in the region.
Applicants that clearly demonstrate how a program, project, activity or event will have a long-term positive effect on the agriculture, forest products or the commercial fishing industries in the eight state Northeast region are encouraged to seek funding.
Farm Credit AgEnhancement provides support for efforts intended to foster and grow all types of agriculture including both traditional and non-traditional production and marketing approaches. Further we support programs intended to assist all size farms, promote diversity and create opportunities for new entrants into agriculture.
The Farm Credit AgEnhancement program is intended to support programs, projects, events and other activities that enhance agriculture, commercial fishing and the forest products industry in the region. Program areas in which financial support may be provided for include, but are not limited to:
- Programs, projects and activities that assist in the development of young and beginning farmers.
- Programs, projects and activities that encourage leadership development to strengthen agriculture and the food and fiber industries.
- This includes programs and projects that encourage youth involvement in agricultural activities.
- Programs, projects and activities that are intended to generate a greater understanding and appreciation of agriculture and the food and fiber industries throughout the region.
- Programs that recognize the accomplishments of leaders of the agriculture and food and fiber industries.
- Programs that are undertaken to study or advance the economic viability of agriculture and the food and fiber industries in the Northeast.
- Special activities and events that promote agriculture/horticulture/forest products/commercial fishing industry interest.
Diversity and Inclusion
Farm Credit AgEnhancement welcomes submission of proposals from all parts of our society. We encourage proposals from organizations that promote or facilitate minority involvement in agriculture and agriculture related businesses. To facilitate our diversity objective, Farm Credit AgEnhancement will accept and consider one-county proposals that would otherwise not be eligible.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Programs that promote and strengthen the agriculture, forest products or commercial fishing industries are eligible.
- Contributions will be made with the higher priority given to programs and projects having a Northeast (eight states) impact and clearly address the program goals.
- Statewide projects and regional projects within a state are also eligible.
- The following are ineligible for funding from this program:
- One county or local school projects.
- Programs and projects of non-agricultural charities.
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships, or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations.
- General operating funds and on-going program support.
- Support for website administration and enhancement.
- Capital or building projects.
- Projects for an individual or individual farm operation.
- The Farm Credit AgEnhancement program is not intended as a source of funds for contributions for state annual meetings and regularly scheduled conferences.
- Farm Credit AgEnhancement will not fund indirect costs associated with sponsored projects.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AgEnhancement Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.