Focus Agriculture Grant
Agri-CultureSuggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 13, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 15, 2021 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $1,000
Fields of work: Agriculture
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: California
Location of residency: California
Must travel to: CaliforniaView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Applications submitted prior to the "preproposal" deadline will be considered for early admission.
Focus Agriculture is Agri-Culture’s “first-in-the-nation” educational program. It is an opportunity for community leaders to participate in a nine-session intensive program acquiring knowledge about a broad spectrum of agriculture. The once-a-month day-long seminars, including farm tours and hands-on experience, cover such topics as:
- Production and labor
- Ethnic groups in agriculture
- Government relations and politics
- Regional diversity of commodities produced
- Environment and technology
- Marketing and foreign competition
- Farm tours and hands-on experience
FOCUS AGRICULTURE TUITION – $1,000
REFUND FOR 100% ATTENDANCE – $250
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The program is designed so that community leaders from the different fields within the county participate.
- These include elected officials, appointed representatives, non-profits, news media, local business, environmental groups, educators, etc.