AGRI Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Certification Cost Share
Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
Predicted deadline: May 31, 2024
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Fields of work: Agriculture
Applicant type: Working Professional, For-Profit Business, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: Minnesota
Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Handling Practices (GHP) audits and certifications help growers and handlers implement food safety plans that enhance the integrity of our food supply. This cost-share program is funded through the Agricultural Growth, Research, and Innovation (AGRI) Fund.
Certified growers and handlers are eligible to receive reimbursement of 75 percent of their GAP/GHP certification costs (maximum reimbursement of $2,500).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Growers and handlers certified to USDA GAP/GHP standards by an accredited certifier are eligible for a maximum of three years if:
- Certification was awarded or continuing between May 16, 2020 and May 15, 2021; and
- The address on your certificate is located in Minnesota.
- Eligible expenses include review, inspection, and administrative costs charged by the certifying agency between May 16, 2020 and May 15, 2021.
- Ineligible expenses include costs to prepare for certification, such as installing hand sinks and drains or hiring a contractor to oversee the plan.
- AGRI Agriculture Value-Added Feasibility Study Grant (VAFSG)
- AGRI Beginning Farmer FBM Scholarships
- AGRI Crop Research Grant Program
- Agricultural Chemical Response and Reimbursement Account Grant
- Agricultural Research and Education Council Grant
- AGRI Livestock Investment Grant
- AGRI Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant
- AGRI Minnesota Value Added Grant Program
- AGRI Sustainable Agriculture Demonstration Grant Program
- AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program
- Emerging Farmer Technical Assistance Grant
- Farm to School First Bite Mini Grant
- Farm to School Full Tray Grant
- Good Food Access Program (GFAP) Equipment and Physical Improvement Grant
- Good Food Access Program Technical Assistance Grant
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Program Grant
- Meat Education and Training Grant
- MN Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
- Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grants
- Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) Rebate
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”