AGRI Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant
Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
Predicted deadline: Oct 12, 2024 2:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $150,000
Fields of work: Livestock & Ranching Agriculture Food Safety
Applicant type: Organizations, Individuals
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: Minnesota
Agricultural Growth, Research, and Innovation (AGRI) Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) is now accepting applications for the Agricultural Growth, Research, and Innovation (AGRI) Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant (MPEM).
Grant funds are available to facilitate the start-up, modernization, or expansion of meat, poultry, egg, and milk processing businesses. The program aims to increase sales of Minnesota-raised livestock products by investing in equipment and physical improvements that support processing, capacity, market diversification, and market access.
This grant program serves start-up, modernization, or expansion of meat, poultry, egg, and milk processing facilities and will prioritize:
- Operations owned by individuals in historically underserved communities or businesses that reflect historically underserved communities in the operation’s priorities.
- Historically underserved communities include businesses owned by women, veterans, persons with disabilities, American Indian or Alaskan Natives, members of a community of color, young people, and people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, or asexual (LGBTQIA+).
- Projects that increase food safety.
- Projects that expand local meat or poultry slaughter capacity and increased access to Kosher or Halal markets.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's
- AGRI Agriculture Value-Added Feasibility Study Grant (VAFSG)
- AGRI Beginning Farmer FBM Scholarships
- AGRI Crop Research Grant Program
- Agricultural Chemical Response and Reimbursement Account Grant
- Agricultural Research and Education Council Grant
- AGRI Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Certification Cost Share
- AGRI Livestock Investment Grant
- AGRI Minnesota Value Added Grant Program
- AGRI Sustainable Agriculture Demonstration Grant Program
- AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program
- Emerging Farmer Technical Assistance Grant
- Farm to School First Bite Mini Grant
- Farm to School Full Tray Grant
- Good Food Access Program (GFAP) Equipment and Physical Improvement Grant
- Good Food Access Program Technical Assistance Grant
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Program Grant
- Meat Education and Training Grant
- MN Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
- Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grants
- Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) Rebate
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”