AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program
Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
Next predicted deadline: Jan 12, 2024 2:00pm PST
Later predicted deadlines: Jan 12, 2025 2:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Agriculture Agricultural Education Community Development & Revitalization
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Aitkin County, Anoka County, Becker County, Beltrami County, Benton County, Blue Earth County, Brown County, Carlton County, Carver County, Cass County, Chippewa County, Chisago County, Clay County, Cook County, Crow Wing County, Dakota County, Dodge County, Douglas County, Freeborn County, Goodhue County, Hennepin County, Houston County, Hubbard County, Isanti County, Itasca County, Kandiyohi County, Koochiching County, Le Sueur County, Lyon County, Martin County, McLeod County, Meeker County, Mille Lacs County, Morrison County, Mower County, Nicollet County, Nobles County, Olmsted County, Otter Tail County, Pennington County, Pine County, Polk County, Ramsey County, Redwood County, Rice County, Scott County, Sherburne County, St. Louis County, Stearns County, Steele County, Stevens County, Wabasha County, Waseca County, Washington County, Winona County, Wright County, Yellow Medicine County Show all
Location of residency: Minnesota
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) has served our state for more than 125 years. The work we do touches every Minnesota citizen every day.
Our mission is to enhance all Minnesotans’ quality of life by equitably ensuring the integrity of our food supply, the health of our environment, and the strength and resilience of our agricultural economy.
Our three general areas of responsibility include:
- Protecting our food supply;
- Protecting our natural resources; and,
- Cultivating our agricultural economy.
AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program
The AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program encourages urban youth agricultural education and urban agriculture community development within the city limits of urban or peri-urban areas.
Grants help organizations and communities obtain the materials and services necessary to successfully promote urban youth agricultural education and urban agriculture community development.
Eligible grant projects include the purchase and installation of equipment; capital expenditures (costs incurred to make physical improvements to or construct a facility); and/or dedicated staff contractor time. Projects must be located in or serve communities that meet one of the following criteria:
- Cities with a population over 5,000, or
- Located within the boundaries of federally recognized tribal land and serving tribal community members, regardless of population size.
A total of $551,000 is available in Fiscal Year 2023. Applicants may request between $2,500 and $50,000 per project. A cash match is not required.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's
- AGRI Agriculture Value-Added Feasibility Study Grant (VAFSG)
- AGRI Beginning Farmer FBM Scholarships
- AGRI Crop Research Grant Program
- Agricultural Chemical Response and Reimbursement Account Grant
- Agricultural Research and Education Council Grant
- AGRI Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Certification Cost Share
- AGRI Livestock Investment Grant
- AGRI Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant
- AGRI Minnesota Value Added Grant Program
- AGRI Sustainable Agriculture Demonstration Grant Program
- Emerging Farmer Technical Assistance Grant
- Farm to School First Bite Mini Grant
- Farm to School Full Tray Grant
- Good Food Access Program (GFAP) Equipment and Physical Improvement Grant
- Good Food Access Program Technical Assistance Grant
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Program Grant
- Meat Education and Training Grant
- MN Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
- Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grants
- Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) Rebate
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”