Agribusiness Innovation Grant - Inquiry less than $20,000
Agricultural and Marketing Research and Development Trust (AGMARDT)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to NZ $20,000
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Organizations Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: New Zealand
Location of residency: New ZealandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The objective of this programme is to encourage and support industry sectors and businesses to develop and implement innovative solutions to assist with transformational change within agribusiness value chains, with particular focus on the agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors.
AGMARDT Agribusiness Innovation Grants provide an opportunity for applicants to:
- Pursue ‘on the edge’ ideas that can transform a business or industry
- Speed up innovation and respond quickly to opportunities that are driven by new ideas or insight arising from the marketplace
- Facilitate linkages between innovative New Zealand researchers, producers, processors and marketers
- Gain a better understanding of world class best practices
Under this programme AGMARDT provides seed funding for businesses, researchers and industry groups to develop and evaluate innovative ideas to a stage where they can attract other funding for further development through to commercialisation.
Seed funding grants for projects with total costs less than $20,000 (incl. GST) are available to applicants without co-funding, for preliminary investigation or demonstration purposes.
Applicable funding examples include: research aimed at seeking solutions to problems identified; proof of concept; validating claims of efficacy for an untested product and/or practice
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding, applicants must:
- Be involved in agribusiness and/or be a research/technology provider and involved in the New Zealand agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors
- clearly demonstrate that the project innovation/idea can transform a business or industry
- identify how AGMARDT funding can assist in speeding up innovation to respond quickly to opportunities arising from the marketplace
- identify what difference AGMARDT’s funding can make to the project (i.e. likelihood of the project proceeding or proceeding more quickly)
- build linkages and capability between innovative New Zealand researchers, producers, processors and marketers; and
- be committed to, where possible, retaining the value and benefits arising from the project within New Zealand.
- Some activities are not funded by this programme. The following list is a guide to the types of project related activities or costs the programme does not cover. The Trustees have the right to exclude other costs if they believe appropriate. The programme does not cover costs relating to:
- 'business as usual' expenses, including:
- overheads incurred in the course of normal business/industry
- activities that are already happening in business/industry
- capital expenditure, such as spending on machinery, equipment, stock, software, and so on
- expenses the business/industry would incur anyway if you did not get funding under this programme
- Costs that are not in cash, including:
- contra, transfer, and internal invoices and payments
- barter or in kind payments
- Work supplied by anyone with a personal or financial interest in the entity and/or group, such as any immediate family of the applicant or shareholders of the applicant company, unless otherwise agreed by the Trustees. Duplication of funding assistance, or potentially supported by other agencies (e.g. MAF SFF), unless expressly agreed to by the Trustees.
- Entertainment or personal costs that are not directly related to the project.
- Costs the business/industry incurred before or after the project has ended.
- Web based product/services are regarded as capital expenditure.
- Duplication of work proposed in the project (i.e. the same project has recently been completed by the applicant group or another party).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Agribusiness Innovation Grant - Inquiry less than $20,000 by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.