AHC Film & Video Production & "Other" Media Grants
Arkansas Humanities CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Arkansas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Funded by federal, state, and private sources, the Arkansas
Humanities Council is a private 501 © 3 founded in 1974. Through grant
making, public programs, and education, the Arkansas Humanities Council
works with humanities scholars, nonprofit organizations, museums and
schools to promote the humanities statewide.
The purpose of the Arkansas Humanities Council is to promote understanding, appreciation, and use of the humanities in Arkansas. To achieve its purpose, the council awards grants through a competitive application process to nonprofit groups and organizations so they can plan, conduct, and evaluate projects in the humanities for Arkansas citizens.
AHC Film & Video Production & Other Media Grants
Projects that focus on Arkansas, prehistory, history, and culture and involve collaboration between humanities scholars and experienced media specialists are eligible for grants from the council.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Arkansas Humanities Council board of directors awards grants to non-profit organizations and academic presses for
humanities projects intended to serve specific Arkansas audiences.
- The council encourages the development of innovative projects that meet the needs of specific Arkansas audiences
- The council’s board of directors will not consider a grant application
unless the applicant has an approved Application for Qualification on
file with us.
- The following activities are not eligible for funding from the Arkansas Humanities Council:
- Social, religious, or political action programs that advocate a specific point of view
- Projects primarily intended to promote an organization or its programs
- Construction, preservation, or renovation of buildings, bridges, or roads
- International travel and travel to professional meetings
- Creative or performing arts, unless interpretation by humanities scholars is central to these projects
- Entertainment, including receptions at public events
- Scholarly conferences that do not have a strong public outreach component
- Regular college courses offered for credit or research for dissertations
- Gifts or door prizes for participants
- Meals for applicant’s staff
- Meals for guest speakers
- Meals for participants at public programs
- Rent for event spaces owned or controlled by the applicant
- Salaries or honoraria for the staff of applicants that are governmental entities
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AHC Film & Video Production & "Other" Media Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.