AHC Planning Mini-Grants
Arkansas Humanities CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 15, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 15, 2020 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Arkansas
Location of residency: ArkansasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Arkansas Humanities Council is an Arkansas nonprofit corporation. The Internal Revenue Service has determined that the council is a public charity under the provisions of section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Arkansas Humanities Council is an independent affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
The purpose of the Arkansas Humanities Council is to promote understanding, appreciation, and use of the humanities in Arkansas. To achieve its purpose, the council awards grants through a competitive application process to nonprofit groups and organizations so they can plan, conduct, and evaluate projects in the humanities for Arkansas citizens.
The council believes in the value of good project planning and realizes that some planning processes incur expenses. Applicants who intend to collaborate with humanities scholars to plan a humanities project for which they will seek major grant funding from the council may apply for a Planning Mini-Grant. Applicants who receive a planning grant must subsequently develop a written plan that will be the basis for a major grant application. Applicants who receive planning grants may also receive technical assistance from council staff.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants who intend to collaborate with humanities scholars to plan a humanities project for which they will seek major grant funding from the council may apply for a planning grant.
- The Arkansas Humanities Council board of directors awards grants to non-profit organizations and academic presses for humanities projects intended to serve specific Arkansas audiences.
- The council does not award grants to individuals.
- The council’s board of directors will not consider a grant application
unless the applicant has an approved Application for Qualification on
file with us.
- The following activities are not eligible for funding from the Arkansas Humanities Council:
- Social, religious, or political action programs that advocate a specific point of view
- Projects primarily intended to promote an organization or its programs
- Construction, preservation, or renovation of buildings, bridges, or roads
- International travel and travel to professional meetings
- Creative or performing arts, unless interpretation by humanities scholars is central to these projects
- Entertainment, including receptions at public events
- Scholarly conferences that do not have a strong public outreach component
- Regular college courses offered for credit or research for dissertations
- Gifts or door prizes for participants
- Meals for applicant’s staff
- Meals for guest speakers
- Meals for participants at public programs
- Rent for event spaces owned or controlled by the applicant
- Salaries or honoraria for the staff of applicants that are governmental entities
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AHC Planning Mini-Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.