AHC Research Mini Grants
Arkansas Humanities Council
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2019 9:59pm PST
Later deadlines: Jun 15, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Arkansas
Location of residency: ArkansasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Arkansas Humanities Council is an Arkansas nonprofit corporation. The Internal Revenue Service has determined that the council is a public charity under the provisions of section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Arkansas Humanities Council is an independent affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
The purpose of the Arkansas Humanities Council is to promote
understanding, appreciation, and use of the humanities in Arkansas. To
achieve its purpose, the council awards grants through a competitive
application process to nonprofit groups and organizations so they can
plan, conduct, and evaluate projects in the humanities for Arkansas
Research Minigrants are for research projects that require a small amount of money and that involve time constraints that make it impossible to apply for a research major grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Arkansas Humanities Council board of directors awards grants to non-profit organizations and academic presses for humanities projects intended to serve specific Arkansas audiences.
- The council awards grants for research projects that require a small
amount of money and that involve time constraints that make it
impossible to apply for a research major grant.
- The council does not award grants to individuals.
- The council’s board of directors will not consider a grant application
unless the applicant has an approved Application for Qualification on
file with us.
- The following activities are not eligible for funding from the Arkansas Humanities Council:
- Social, religious, or political action programs that advocate a specific point of view
- Projects primarily intended to promote an organization or its programs
- Construction, preservation, or renovation of buildings, bridges, or roads
- International travel and travel to professional meetings
- Creative or performing arts, unless interpretation by humanities scholars is central to these projects
- Entertainment, including receptions at public events
- Scholarly conferences that do not have a strong public outreach component
- Regular college courses offered for credit or research for dissertations
- Gifts or door prizes for participants
- Meals for applicant’s staff
- Meals for guest speakers
- Meals for participants at public programs
- Rent for event spaces owned or controlled by the applicant
- Salaries or honoraria for the staff of applicants that are governmental entities
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AHC Research Mini Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.