AHC Research Publication Grant
Arkansas Humanities Council
Grant amount: Up to US $3,500
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Arkansas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Funded by federal, state, and private sources, the Arkansas Humanities Council is a private 501 © 3 founded in 1974. Through grant making, public programs, and education, the Arkansas Humanities Council works with humanities scholars, nonprofit organizations, museums and schools to promote the humanities statewide.
The purpose of the Arkansas Humanities Council is to promote understanding, appreciation, and use of the humanities in Arkansas. To achieve its purpose, the council awards grants through a competitive application process to nonprofit groups and organizations so they can plan, conduct, and evaluate projects in the humanities for Arkansas citizens.
Grants are awarded by the council to academic presses for costs
associated with the publication of scholarly books on topics in Arkansas
prehistory, history, and culture. The council expects that books
supported through this category will be of interest to audiences outside
the academic community as well as within it.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The council awards grants to non-profit organizations for individual or collaborative research on topics in Arkansas prehistory, history, and culture to nonprofit organizations and groups.
- The results of research
must be of interest or value to audiences outside the academic community
as well as within it.
- The council encourages the development of innovative projects that meet the needs of specific Arkansas audiences.
- Preference will be given
to presses that make publication decisions based on refereed peer
- The council does not award grants to individuals.
- The council’s board of directors will not consider a grant application
unless the applicant has an approved Application for Qualification on
file with us.
- The following activities are not eligible for funding from the Arkansas Humanities Council:
- Social, religious, or political action programs that advocate a specific point of view
- Projects primarily intended to promote an organization or its programs
- Construction, preservation, or renovation of buildings, bridges, or roads
- International travel and travel to professional meetings
- Creative or performing arts, unless interpretation by humanities scholars is central to these projects
- Entertainment, including receptions at public events
- Scholarly conferences that do not have a strong public outreach component
- Regular college courses offered for credit or research for dissertations
- Gifts or door prizes for participants
- Meals for applicant’s staff
- Meals for guest speakers
- Meals for participants at public programs
- Rent for event spaces owned or controlled by the applicant
- Salaries or honoraria for the staff of applicants that are governmental entities
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AHC Research Publication Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.