i2 Innovation Initiative Grant
Alliance Healthcare FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000,000
Anticipated deadline: May 30, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group For-Profit Business Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Imperial County, San Diego County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Alliance Healthcare Foundation
We believe wellness is a state of complete physical, mental, spiritual, economic and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Society, community, neighborhood, and family are collectively responsible for creating an environment of health and wellness. Wellness is personal and not the same for everyone. Individuals need information and support to make positive choices for more successful existence.
We invest and fund projects and organizations whose programs benefit the most vulnerable in San Diego and Imperial counties. We accomplish this work through funding, convening and advocacy, with funders, nonprofit, social enterprises, government and community agencies to advance health and wellness.
i2 Innovation Initiative
Also referred to as “venture philanthropy” — based on the thesis that innovation capital (often high risk, high reward) is needed to transform the current paradigm (high cost and poor outcomes) and improve quality, increase capacity and reduce costs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply?
- AHF makes grants to nonprofit organizations and public agencies that advance the health and wellness of the vulnerable populations in San Diego & Imperial Counties.
- For i2, applicants may be a social enterprise, nonprofit, B Corp or for-profit.
- We provide funding to organizations exclusively
- The project must initially benefit the vulnerable populations in San Diego and/or Imperial County.
- We do not require that the headquarters of the organization be physically in either county.
- Additionally, we have funded a number of projects whose benefits have scaled beyond the region, including state and national.
- What we do not fund.
- Projects and programs outside the San Diego & Imperial Counties
- Underwriting of medical expenses
- Construction or renovation
- The purchase of costly equipment
- Sponsorship of development activities, such as capital campaigns or annual fund drives
- Projects or proposals from individuals
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the i2 Innovation Initiative Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.