Ahmanson Foundation Grant
The Ahmanson Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Los Angeles County, California
Location of residency: Los Angeles County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Arts and Humanities
- Health and Medicine
- Human Services
- Construction and renovations
- Equipment and furnishings
- Transportation vehicles
- Technology and infrastructure
- Software, books, supplies
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation reviews grant requests from 501(c)(3) organizations that are not private foundations as defined in section 509(a) of the U.S. Internal Revenue code and that are based in and serving Los Angeles County.
- Grants are made both for specific programs and for capital expenditures such as equipment purchases, construction or renovation.
- Requests for capital support are considered after there is clear evidence that the goal of the campaign will be achieved and that it will be accomplished within a reasonable time period.
- On occasion, the Foundation provides operational support for outstanding programs.
- The Foundation directs its philanthropy to Los Angeles County. Rarely are exceptions made.
- Loans and program-related investments are considered, but rarely.
- In order to be responsive to the many needs of the Los Angeles community, the Foundation prefers to consider requests that are one-time or short-term in nature.
- Organizations that do not submit requests on a regular or annual basis will receive preference.
- Our highest priority is organizations based in and serving Los Angeles County.
- Lead gifts are rarely granted.
- Grants are not made:
- To individuals
- To religious organizations for sectarian or propagation of faith purposes
- To institutions limiting their services to persons of a single religious sect or denomination
- For propagandizing, influencing legislation and/or elections, or promoting voter registration
- For political candidates, campaigns or organizations engaged in political activities or specific advocacy
- Grants generally are not approved for:
- Endowed chairs, fellowships, internships, exchanges, or individual scholarships
- Annual campaigns or regular, ongoing operational support
- Production of film, video or other media
- Deficit financing, loans or debt reduction
- Organizations that make grants to others
- Traveling exhibits, performance underwriting, seminars, workshops, surveys, general research and development
- Support of regional and national charities (specific diseases, national causes, etc.)
- Fundraising or award events
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ahmanson Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.