Community Fund Grant: Health & Human Services
Akron Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $35,000
Deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Biomedical
Location of project: Summit County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Akron Community Foundation: Health & Human Services Grant
Akron Community Foundation and its fundholders envision a Summit County where all residents enjoy a healthy, rewarding life. The lingering effects of the recent recession have reminded Akron Community Foundation, our fundholders, and all the residents of Summit County how health and wellness are at the heart of our quality of life. If one person’s needs go unmet, everyone around can suffer.
We help residents who are most vulnerable to the economy meet their basic needs, including food, clothing, shelter and safety from abuse. Our initiatives encourage systemic improvements in the accessibility and availability of each.
The community foundation's commitment to providing food forged a new partnership with the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank: the Food Pantry Capacity Fund. This initiative provided much-needed infrastructure to local pantries so they could better store and distribute fresh, healthy food to their clients, many of whom had found themselves in a position of need for the first time in their lives.
Since 2000, the community foundation has made more than $6.7 million in competitive grants to programs that address:
- Food, clothing and shelter needs, including Info Line, which connects people in need to food pantries and other social services .
- Preventative and diagnostic health care, including OPEN M's free clinic, which serves the uninsured, working poor.
- Medical research and health education, including Blick Clinic's wellness program for people with disabilities.
- Substance abuse, public health and mental health, including a grant to help Community Support Services train case managers of patients with schizophrenia.
- Social and family services, including the Waiting Child Fund, which helps children in foster care find permanent homes.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Approved 501(c)(3) organization serving Summit county.
- We do not make grants for:
- Direct financial support to individuals
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- In accordance with our grant-making priorities, we generally do not fund:
- Newly established nonprofit organizations that duplicate existing services
- Curriculum for schools
- Disease-specific programs
- Economic development initiatives already being addressed by the Fund for Our Economic Future
- Programs at parochial schools that benefit only their students
- Multi-year grants
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Fund Grant: Health & Human Services by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.