Alabama Power Foundation: Good Roots Grants
Alabama Power Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: Jun 15, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alabama
Location of residency: AlabamaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Alabama Power Foundation is pleased to offer the “Good Roots” grant program in partnership with the Alabama Urban Forestry Association and the Alabama Forestry Commission. As a part of the 2017 Good Roots Program, the foundation will supply up to $1,000 per grant to purchase trees for planting in cities, towns, communities and nonprofit organizations across central and south Alabama. Good Roots is designed to help keep our communities beautiful and vibrant. The trees must be used in public areas – to enhance a park, add a canopy over the street, or help shade a hot parking lot. They can be used around schoolyards, churches and libraries.
- Maintain an excellent quality of life in our communities.
- Enhance and improve the quality of the environment in communities across the state.
- Encourage active community involvement.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible groups:
- Local governments – cities, towns, communities of any size.
- Educational institutions – city and county school systems, private schools, universities.
- Any 501 (c)(3) organization.
- Recipient organizations must have a tax-exempt status under the IRS Code and must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin.
- Funds will be available for the purchase of trees only.
- All trees shall be planted according to the procedures prescribed by the International Society of Arborculture or the National Arbor Day Foundation.
- Funds will not be available for the purchase of shrubs, bedding plants and other landscaping items.
- Planting, watering and maintenance must be provided through other funding or volunteers.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alabama Power Foundation: Good Roots Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.