Alaska Forest Legacy Grant Program
Alaska Division of Parks & Outdoor RecreationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,130,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 31, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Interested parties must contact the FLP State Coordinator to discuss project concepts and receive initial approval to proceed with an application. Projects under consideration for funding are typically due at the end of July or early August - contact the FLP State Coordinator for specific details.
Alaska Forest Legacy Program
The Forest Legacy Program protects environmentally important forest lands threatened with conversion to non-forest use, such as a residential subdivision or commercial development. Management of lands placed under the Forest Legacy Program would allow continued use of regular forest activities, such as timber harvesting, hunting, fishing, recreation and other traditional uses.
The program is entirely voluntary. Landowners who wish to participate may either sell the property as fee simple title (all rights, both surface and subsurface), or only sell a portion of the property rights and retain ownership of the land. Conservation easements are the vehicle used for the transfer of certain property rights, providing for certain land use restrictions as stated in the conservation easement, yet maintaining the forest intact to provide for traditional forest uses.
The Forest Legacy Program will cover 75 percent of the costs of a conservation easement or fee-title purchase, including the costs of appraisals, surveys, closing costs, title work and insurance, and other real estate transaction expenses. The other 25 percent must be matched by either the landowner or an assisting entity, such as a non-profit organization or non-federal government agency.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to be eligible, land must be in the Forest Legacy Area, as set forth in the Alaska Forest Legacy Program Assessment of Need, dated August 23, 2002.
- Also, a government agency - local, state or federal - must be willing to take title to and manage either the land or the conservation easement.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alaska Forest Legacy Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.