Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust Grant Program
Alaska Conservation FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust was established in 1991 by the Alaska Conservation Foundation in cooperation with the Alaska Department of Fish & Game. Each year, Alaska Conservation Foundation awards small grants (up to $5,000) from the Trust to support those projects that most effectively enhance sustainable wildlife viewing, promote wildlife education, and conserve the biological diversity of Alaska.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants for Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust grants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit organization
- Be based in Alaska, or have an Alaska-based program
- Focus operations within Alaska
- If a current Alaska Conservation Foundation grantee, be in good standing with required grant reporting
- Eligible projects/costs include:
- Interpretation (e.g. signage, viewing guides, media programming)
- Wildlife education (e.g. curriculum development or publication development and distribution)
- Trail construction and maintenance
- Facilities construction
- Research (e.g. ecosystem research or research on the social and economic values of watching wildlife)
- Acquisition of critical wildlife habitats
- Ineligibile projects/costs include:
- Grants to individuals
- Projects located outside of Alaska
- General operating support
- Litigation or lobbying
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.