Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust Grant Program
Alaska Conservation Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 31, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust was established in 1991 by the Alaska Conservation Foundation (ACF) in cooperation with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G). Each year, ACF awards small grants (up to $5,000) from the Trust to support those projects that most effectively enhance sustainable wildlife viewing, promote wildlife education, and conserve the biological diversity of Alaska.
Alaska Conservation Foundation envisions an inspiring Alaska that is naturally thriving, biologically and culturally diverse, rich in wildlands, bountiful in terrestrial and marine life, sustainable in its economic development and thoughtfully protected—forever.
Alaska Conservation Foundation protects Alaska’s natural environment and the diverse cultures and ways of life it sustains. We do this by promoting conservation philanthropy and by strategically directing resources to conservation leaders, organizations, and initiatives.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must:
- Be a non-profit organization
- Be based in Alaska, or have an Alaska-based program
- Focus operations within Alaska
- If a current ACF grantee, be in good standing with required grant report
- Eligible projects/costs include:
- Interpretation (e.g. signage, viewing guides, media programming)
- Wildlife education (e.g. curriculum development or publication development and distribution)
- Trail construction and maintenance
- Facilities construction
- Research (e.g. ecosystem research or research on the social and economic values of watching wildlife)
- Acquisition of critical wildlife habitats
- Ineligibile projects/costs include:
- Grants to individuals
- Projects located outside of Alaska
- General operating support
- Litigation or lobbying
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alaska Watchable Wildlife Conservation Trust Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.