Schlink Foundation Grant
The Albert G. and Olive H. Schlink Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Preferred: Ohio Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Grants to organizations providing aid to the indigent, aged, including religious, educational, and health agencies and hospitals; support also for the blind and for hospice and other national agencies and charities. Established in 1966 in OH.
Grants for operational expenses will be made only where the organization meets any one or more of the following criteria:
The project is to assist program related, residential or nonresidential organizations serving the disabled, the aged or the physically or mentally disadvantaged;
Grants in connection with public sites or historic centers are made only when the grant permits the site or building to be used by community based organizations and provides actual access to senior citizens, physically handicapped, etc.
- Organizations which provide for youth rehabilitation programs, including alcohol and drug detoxification organizations, may be funded where they are not governmental, but are residential in nature providing both inpatient and outpatient assistance, and have been in existence for at least three years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All organizations must be able to represent that they are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) and are not private foundations, as of the date of the grant request or as of any time during the funding period, within the meaning of appropriate Internal Revenue Laws.
- Grants to religious organizations are favored as are grants to assist programs for the aged, especially the visually handicapped, so long as such projects do not duplicate existing or governmental projects.
- The following types of requests for money will not be made:
- Purchase of blocks of tickets;
- Individual scholarships;
- Individuals for any purpose;
- Grants to organizations for travel to conferences;
- Grants for or to memberships;
- Grants to conduit organizations (grants to qualified grantee which, in turn passes funds through to another organization which is not exempt in its own rights);
- Grants to any institution, regardless of Internal Revenue status, which in policy or in actual practice, discriminate against individuals on account of race, creed, sex or ethnic origin;
- Grants for emergency purposes;
- Grants for special benefit programs, such as fund raising projects, special appearances, social events, etc.;
- Grants for basic research or evaluation of existing projects;
- Grants for construction of statues, memorials or the like;
- Grants to cover deficits or for placement in an escrow fund or for placement in an endowment fund. Grants will not be made for capital projects which have been commenced or for which funding has been obtained by the assumption of debt through the issuance of bonds, etc.;
- Sponsorship of films, radio or television or similar media project;
- Assistance to organizations which were originally funded by, or are continually supported by, tax derived monies; this includes grants to organizations which have lost significant government funding.
- Preschools, day care centers, etc.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Schlink Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.