Alberta Ecotrust Community Grants
Alberta Ecotrust Foundation
Grant amount: Up to C $7,500
Next deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Later deadlines: May 16, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The heart of Alberta Ecotrust’s work is supporting the people and projects that effectively address Alberta’s most pressing environmental issues. We accomplish this primarily by investing Alberta environmental non-governmental organizations to more effectively deliver programs, projects, and results that advance their environmental missions within our issue priorities.
Community grants support community-based projects that typically focus on local opportunities for change through stewardship and action. These projects must be completed in one year. Maximum grant amount is $7,500.
All projects must align with at least one of our environmental priorities. If you are in doubt, please contact us before proceeding with your application.
Water – Protection and conservation of water and/or the maintenance of water quality
Land Use – Protection or enhancement of ecological function of native and developed landscapes, including biodiversity, wildlife habitat and land use management.
Climate Change – Protection of the atmosphere, greenhouse gas and emissions reductions, and energy conservation
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations Eligible for Funding
- Public interest charities operating in Alberta whose vision and mission primarily focus on protecting the environment
- Qualified First Nations
- The following criteria must be met to be eligible for funding for a Community Grant:
- Project must take place in Alberta
- Address one or more of our environmental priorities
- Alberta Ecotrust will provide up to $7,500 in funding, applicants must provide additional 25% of project funding as a matching contribution
- Matching contribution can be either cash or in-kind
- Project end date is a maximum of 12 months after the start date
- Grant funds can be used for any costs deemed reasonable and directly related to the project. This includes:
- Contractor wages
- Travel and accommodations
- Existing programs that address our three environmental priorities
- Website development
- Supplies and materials
- Portion of rent, telephone, etc.
- Project-specific training
- The following organizations are not eligible to receive funding from Alberta Ecotrust:
- Private sector organizations, for-profit businesses
- Business associations
- Educational institutions
- Municipal, provincial/territorial and federal governments
- Government agencies
- For-profit cooperatives
- Political parties
- Please note the following activities will not be eligible for funding:
- Projects mandated by any order of government
- Political lobbying
- We will not support or fund an initiative that targets or impugns the reputation of any individual, organization, or sector.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alberta Ecotrust Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.