Alexander Eastman Foundation Grants
Alexander Eastman Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $240,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 8, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 9, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in New Hampshire: Hillsborough County, Merrimack County, Rockingham County
Location of residency: New HampshireView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Foundation's interests in the field of health care are comprehensive and extend to health care, mental health, dental care, developmental and rehabilitative services, health promotion, health education, disease, accident prevention, nutrition, continuing education of health professionals and applied or practical research.
The purposes of the Alexander Eastman Foundation are served through grant support to organizations awarded in response to proposals and special initiative commitments planned collaboratively by the Foundation with local service providers. Grants are awarded to support the capital, special projects and operations needs of qualifying organizations.
In considering proposals, priority is given to funding activity which serves the Foundation's priority interests. The Alexander Eastman Foundation supports programs which:
- Provide information and community education to improve the health and well-being of residents of the greater Derry area;
- Address goals for healthy individuals and families through a long-term commitment to prevention, health promotion and education of consumers and providers;
- Foster individual responsibility, independence, self-care and healthy life-style choices;
- Strengthen families as the critical unit for community health and well-being
- Recognize the changing nature of families and provide resources and assistance to reduce stress on families and improve family function;
- Expand access to quality health care and prevention services for people with financial need.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit 501(c) 3 organizations with public charity status and public agencies serving the greater Derry, NH area are eligible to apply.
- The Foundation supports activity which benefits the greater Derry area, the region from which patients of the Alexander Eastman Hospital were drawn.
- The area includes primarily the towns of Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Chester, Hampstead and Sandown.
- Current year focus: Based on recent communication with the community about high priority health needs, the foundation is particularly interested in receiving proposals that address health care access, mental health care access, obesity and hunger.
- Grants are made neither to individuals nor to qualifying organizations to support the cost of services to particular individuals, except through the Alexander Eastman Scholarship Program.
- Renewable commitments to important programs are made over several years, the Foundation does not provide ongoing general operating support or underwrite programs indefinitely.
- The Foundation will not replace public or other funding available to support basic services.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alexander Eastman Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.