Alexander Eastman Foundation Scholarship

Alexander Eastman Foundation

Suggest an update

Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500

Anticipated deadline: Jul 15, 2020

Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Working Professional

Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference

Location of project: Anywhere in the world

Location of residency: New Hampshire

View website    Save Need help writing this grant?

About this funder:



The Alexander Eastman Foundation Health Professions Scholarship Program is for students pursuing post-secondary education or training in a health care field. Consideration for scholarships is based on merit and need. The program is designed to provide scholarship grants to health care workers who seek to upgrade their professional skills to:

  • Utilize new equipment and medical techniques
  • Improve knowledge in a specific health care area
  • Add to professional qualifications to ensure job security or career advancement

You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.


  • Eligible applicants to the program must:
      • Currently practice health-care skills or work in health-service organization in: Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, or Chester.
      • Be a resident of Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, or Chester AND currently practice health care skills or work in health-service organizations in one of the following towns: Derry Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, Chester, Atkinson, Auburn, Salem, or Pelham.
    • Applicants must also:
      • Be entering or enrolled in a full-time, part-time or short-term program of study in a health field including, but not limited to: medicine, dentistry, nursing, medical laboratory, radiology, pharmacology, rehabilitation therapy, nutrition, health care administration, or home health care.
      • Be an independent student
        • You are an independent student if you are 24 years of age or older.
        • If you are under 24, you may claim independent status only if you have
          • served in the military,
          • are a ward of the courts,
          • are married and living away from your parents, or
          • have not been claimed by your parents for two consecutive years and have earned at least $4,000 in each of those two years.
      • Understand and agree to adhere to the above mentioned residency/employment guidelines for at least 18 months after receipt of the award.